• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Vote - Open GT/CS Fbook Page

kthomas

Hello! I'm rather new to the CS world - well, to the Mustang world really. Drove a, gasp, Firebird convertible for 14 years. Thanks for all the graet documentation here at the site - it's really informative.

This seems more like a vintage CS forum so I figured I'd post my message over here. I wanted to invite everyone to a Facebook page and invite posts re>tips, tricks and CS related stories. There was a closed FB group which was suddenly closed for some reason - so I started this public FB page. Figured, we can share our enthusiasm with the world instead of behind a closed group.

http://www.facebook.com/MustangGTCS

Yea, the group name says 2007+, which was the focus of the old group but I see no reason to exclude "founders" - you gotta remember your roots. Maybe I'll change it soon.

Please stop by we're voting on which reader ride is featured in the cover image. Got a tie that needs broken!! You might have to flip from HIGHLIGHTS to "Posts by Others" then Scroll down to see all the cars we're voting on. Next time I'll try and find poll software that let's me include images.

Best,

/kt

franklinair

I'm comfortable where I am, on this website. Don't see a need and/or benefit to open up a 'branch office' elsewhere. But that's just me.

Neil

Mustanglvr

Thats a great idea to get our cars and expertise on FaceBook! The more people know about these rare cars, the more valuable they will be.

Midnight Special

...I already have numerous albums and GT/CS adventures on FB. To me, it's a far better way of late to showcase what fun these cars are to a much greater audience than "just restoration" types. Our GT/CSs and Facebook have re-united more friends, brought more people by to see and experience them, and given more education, appreciation and awareness to a lot more folks who don't frequent specialty sites as this. It's been a Godsend when used properly and gets a much more enthusiastic response.

I'm all for it!

BigJim

As long as everything that's posted there gets replicated here that's fine. If we start missing posts here then forget it.

Midnight Special

...Nothing will replace this site, but unless you're a devout owner/ restorer, it does get pretty boring around here... For years I've referred Friends and acquaintances to visit this site, but they don't stay when there's no reason to participate.

Facebook has been another story... I now have people coming over all the time to see, learn about and experience these cars and thus, I began posting a lot more over there rather than to bore the "proper&correct" crowd here with our weekend adventures...

To each their own, but to say "don't do it" on a site that has already provided most of the technical help (however repetitive) only lessens the chance at finding more un-registered cars. Hell > Create two FB pages... One for new and one for '68s!