• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

347 Stroker - My Christmas Present

case12

It was expensive, and she is still in the shop for some tune-up tweaks, but ain't she a beauty?!?!! The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys!!:grin:

347 stroker - Tri-star Engines - 355HP, 411 ft.lb torque.
Vintage Shelby brushed aluminum valve covers and air cleaner
JBA ceramic coated shorty headers
Edlebrock aluminum intake and carb
Powder coated brackets, fan
Rebuilt and repainted power steering, starter, alternator
Vintage coil, and Taylor wires, and new heater hoses with tower clamps

Plus: 2200 stall converter, deep trans pan, shift kit and cooler, 3.8 rear end gears.

We havent been able to tune her yet because too much salt (winter) on the roads. Next I am adding disc brake kit to the front to stop all the power. That should clean out my budget for this year :icon_dead :cool:

(dont worry - the whole original 289 is bagged up for storage) Casey

Attachments

• 347a.jpg
    347a.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 347b.jpg
    347b.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 347c.jpg
    347c.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 51
  • 347d.jpg
    347d.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 347e.jpg
    347e.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 347f.jpg
    347f.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
P

PNewitt

That's pretty awesome, Casey! You open up the hood now at shows (or at the gas station), and you get quite a reaction! Shades of "Little Red" now, huh?

It depends on how much you drive your CS, and how hard you'll be on accelleration, but you might think about an export brace, to tie down the torque. These older front ends like to twist over time. But, it's your call.

I thought about your "stopping" question. You should definately go for front discs, and either use the larger, direct bolt in "Econoline Van" size rear drum setup (I have the info), or get a rear disc kit. If you really want to tie down those 400 horses, you also might consider some rear traction masters; a vintage setup (and they look cool under the rear, they speak "all business!"

Very nice!! WOW.

Paul N.

68gt390

Casey;
How long before the "supercharger" gets put on? Very nice looking engine. Like Paul mentioned, I'd definitely think about an export brace. Do you already have a posi or do you plan on putting one in? That will make a big difference also in how she handles with the pedal pushed to the floor.

Don :grin:

robert campbell

Good advice David!!!

Subframe connectors Casey if you increase tire size or go for drag radials!! I have some old motion pics of what happens under your car when you side step the clutch at 5,000 rpm. Lots of action!!

Your stall convertor is a bit more civalized, but it will strain the subframe!!

Export and monti carlo bar really help too as Paul mentions. Those that play, must pay!!

Rob