• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

battery boil over

imported_tree

has anyone seen this problem before. my battery did it for the first time today.i checked the voltage level . new altnenator putting out just under 14 volts. liquid level is right for the battery.any ideas from the masses.the voltage regulator is the only thing i have not changed under the hood. thanks terry.....................................................

Mosesatm

I've found that it's almost always the voltage regulator. The contacts get stuck shut and the battery keeps on charging.

rvrtrash

I agree with Arlie. If the water level isn't to high (should just cover the tops of the plates and no more) than the regulator is usually the culprit.
Steve