• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Best looking hood for an 08' GT/CS?

ahainline

Ok.. my uncle finally decided on his new purchase last week and went with a 2008 GT/CS.. I'm so proud lol! He said he never heard of one until he saw my 68. Anyway, he likes the way our 68 hoods look and wanted to do something similar to give it the retro look. Anyone have any suggestions of a good-looking hood that is similar to the 68 GT/CS? I suggested maybe a hood from the Shelby GT-500. thanks, Tony

Mustanger

Ok.. my uncle finally decided on his new purchase last week and went with a 2008 GT/CS.. I'm so proud lol! He said he never heard of one until he saw my 68. Anyway, he likes the way our 68 hoods look and wanted to do something similar to give it the retro look. Anyone have any suggestions of a good-looking hood that is similar to the 68 GT/CS? I suggested maybe a hood from the Shelby GT-500. thanks, Tony

I'm not sure that a Shelby GT-500 hood will fit, but a Shelby GT-H (Hertz Shelby) hood would fit and look pretty cool:

http://www.hillbankmotorsports.com/product_info.php?products_id=100133

obsidianspider

If I had the $ I'd put that hood on my '07. Reminds me of the '68 turn signal hood. I first saw that style of hood on the GT500 prototype. Ford decided on a different design for the production model. Cervini's is the only company I've seen that's offering it.

1179_820px.jpg

koronen

The Cerivini's one that was previously noted was the one I was looking at, since it looks like the '68 one the most. I was also planning on getting the hood pins for it.

Racer38

Foose makes a Retro Hood for the 2005 and up, he also has one that is pre cut for the Shaker Hood Scoop system as well..

P

PNewitt

I personally like the Cervini hood # 1176-B3. It looks classy, and not too overdone. It mimicks the '67-'68 louvered hood pretty well--and they make a Ram Air kit for that hood, too, that sends air to the air box on the driver's side.

Pretty neat. Just like the ('05) Mustang prototype.

The type 1 chin spoiler looks great, too (gee-I wonder if someone could modify one of those for a '68?)

What would be trick is to replace the horse with a GT/CS logo (1-1/4" tall letters), done in the same font as in the side stripes-- in polished aluminum.

Paul N.

rvrtrash

The Cervinis #1176 was what the prototype 05 hood looked like. I remember it well because I could never understand why Ford didn't use it. It reminded me of the '68 Shelby hood. I'd go with that one and then use flush mount hood pins like the '70-'73 Mach 1's, just because it would look a little cleaner.

Steve