• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Closed a deal on a 68.5 Cobra Jet fastback today

CJ 56

HI Jason, you said the other night you where on to something,congrats thanks for other site address's too. Good GTA convertable is expensive even in the US.

Midnight Special

...That is Very Nice - Congratulations! My youngest son found an ad for that car awhile back has been all over me to buy it ;-) ...and did I hear that one of those sold for over $400K at BJ ??

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

Midnight Special said:
...That is Very Nice - Congratulations! My youngest son found an ad for that car awhile back has been all over me to buy it ;-) ...and did I hear that one of those sold for over $400K at BJ ??

the car I bought had not been for sale recently. They did have another red fastback CJ for sale a little time ago, different car.

the 68 CJ at BJ went for $475,000

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

volo is still trying to sell that one. I did not get a good vibe about that car. they lowered their price to 54k from 60k.

davidathans

Hey Jason, nice car, i see you've added it to your ever growing list of cars. The article in the link you posted says it has 38832 miles and the price listed is $59,500. Does that car really have 38k original? or do you think it rolled over once? Did you really pay 60 grand? Also, is this the R code you were talking about for the screen name change?

davidathans

Hey Jason, nice car, i see you've added it to your ever growing list of cars. The article in the link you posted says it has 38832 miles and the price listed is $59,500. Does that car really have 38k original? or do you think it rolled over once? Did you really pay 60 grand? Also, is this the R code you were talking about for the screen name change?

Mustanglvr

The mileage looks like 60770 if that counter in the pic goes to that car.

davidathans

Is that the most expensive mustang you've bought Jason? $60k seems like alot, but that car probably is more valuable than a gtcs since only 1000 of them were made and they came with a 428 and they are fastbacks...clearly you know more about them then i do and have researched the prices and such forth. I noticed then vin has an F which plant does that stand for? Basically i'd just like to know more information about that car, if you've got some extra time to spill. :)
Thanks Jason and Enjoy!
David

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

F is Dearborn.

Yep, most expensive Mustang I have owned. No worries about this one not going up in value. There is always demand for R code 68's. I have a little learn about them but have found this page to be the most help: http://www.428cobrajet.org/

take 10-15 miuntes to read some stuff on that page, good reading.

68gt390

That's one of the best sites for information on the 428CJ. That's were I picked up all my info for my motor that's going into the CS. Another good site is the "Ultimate Source for FE and Big block Power". They have some pretty good topics on there.

http://www.feandbbford.com/

Don