• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Craig's List today~GT/CS

Midnight Special

rvrtrash

Nothing in the VIN on a 302 car would tell you it's a GT and I'm sure the true GT's had dual exhaust. This guys just trying to hype the car some.

Steve

68gt390

Nothing in the VIN on a 302 car would tell you it's a GT and I'm sure the true GT's had dual exhaust. This guys just trying to hype the car some.

Steve

Steve;
I found his comment rather interesting "VIN # PROVES ITS A GT BUT CANT BE PROVEN OTHERWISE".

Don

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

I agree with Steve and Don, I think he's trying to be on the "bandwagon" with a higher dollar car and trying to cash in on that.

Tim...I'll take pictures and you know me...I'll see if I can figure out how to post them. :grin:

~~~~Donna

clubpro

Wow!

Great looking car Tim, congratulations! I can't wait to see it in your stable.

Cheers,

Ron

Mustanger

Wow, Tim, you can hold your own car show/parade anytime you want :wink: ...

franklinair

This craigslist car cries out for a Marti Report.
1.) GT's had dual exhaust
2.) Factory Headers? No such animal in this config.
3.) VIN says it's a GT? uh-uh.

Neil

P.S.
Tim; WOW!!

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

This craigslist car cries out for a Marti Report.
1.) GT's had dual exhaust
2.) Factory Headers? No such animal in this config.
3.) VIN says it's a GT? uh-uh.

Neil

P.S.
Tim; WOW!!

LOL< I know!! The ad just cracked me up when I saw it...there is someone who is interested and they are looking into a Marti first!

Midnight Special

LOL< I know!! The ad just cracked me up when I saw it...there is someone who is interested and they are looking into a Marti first!

...I just figured the "Marti First" went without saying anymore ;-) I was pretty certain w/o looking about the VIN and GTs...

So Donna; are you still contemplating a look see? 'Sounds like it could get entertaining if nothing else. Might be a good one for the "buyer beware" files...

P.S. Thank you Ron, Neil and Mustanger! I'm excited and honored!

;-))

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Yes, I will go look at it when I get more info from the interested party. Probably next week sometime.

Yes, congratulations on your HCS!!

classicsguy

I just got in my hands the Marti report on this car: Its a True California Special NON GT car with a 3 speed manual transmission.

Acapulco Blue/ blue standard interior

Very low option car: no p/s or pdb

PFSlim

Tim

Just caught up with this post. That is so cool you bought that HCS!!! Can't wait to see a picture with them all lined up!!

Paul

Midnight Special

Hope you have a wide angle lense. You're gonna need it to get all those cars in the shot. Congratulations, Tim!!!

Thanks DD, Marion, Paul & Joe!!

Indeed, she'll make for some nice photo ops. I wish all sellers were as thorough, pleasnt and wonderful to deal with as Pete Sisnroy! He's providing several boxes of extra parts, documentation, original HCS newspaper ads and an original (painted) 68 hood all wrapped up should I want to go total stock. He also had the car completely buffed and detailed prior to shipment and has been in contact w/ me every day.

In coversation; both of our dads were merchant marines and in talking w/ him this morning, he said; "This car is ready for full military inspection!"

I'm very excited, and grateful to Bob Teets for posting. I'm also sorry if I disappointed anyone here by jumping on it quickly before seeing if anyone else was serious... Nonetheless, I will do all I can to share along with giving it the best care. :)

Midnight Special

I've exchanged a number of emails with Pete since posting the pics for him and prior. He sounds like a great guy!! Good Luck Tim!

Thanks Rich. The pics you posted, Bob's testimony and conversations w/ Pete did the job within an hour of my seeing it! This was an unusually personable and "textbook" transaction. Pete is an exceptionally "great guy".

Shipping is being arranged today and we'll see the HCS here in about two weeks.

My heartfelt "thanks" to you and californiaspecial.com!

:)