• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 hazard lights

cool68

Need help all my lights on my CS work fine but I notice something last night when I turn on my hazard light they all work but one and that's the left rear tail light all the other hazard lights are working fine can some tell me what's going on thanks

franklinair

All of the Hazard Light circuits go through the Turn Signal Switch. Could be a bad contact within the Turn Signal Switch. First I'd try liberally spraying contact cleaner on/in the Turn Signal Switch in hope that it will clear the affected contact. (I'm assuming the left Turn Signal function on the rear light is OK.) In either case, the common point is the Turn Signal Switch malfunctioning.

Neil

OP
OP
cool68

cool68

All of the Hazard Light circuits go through the Turn Signal Switch. Could be a bad contact within the Turn Signal Switch. First I'd try liberally spraying contact cleaner on/in the Turn Signal Switch in hope that it will clear the affected contact. (I'm assuming the left Turn Signal function on the rear light is OK.) In either case, the common point is the Turn Signal Switch malfunctioning.

Neil
Like always thank you Neil. And yes it is the turn signal switch I moved the wires around on the top cam and that seemed to solve the problem but I'm going to order a new switch thanks