• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

installing radio

green56

Is their much work changing radios in the 68 from a stock am to a amfm radio this is also stock can i pull the radio out from the front? any help would be appreciated Thanks Tom

nfrntau

Yes and no, If you have a console it will be a tad more work to do the job. Without the console it will be an easy change.
Speakers may be an issue. They make kick panels that have the speakers in them. I use these and they work well. The issue would be if you wanted to keep it looking as stock as possible.

OP
OP
G

green56

install radio

Is their much work changing radios in the 68 from a stock am to a amfm radio this is also stock can i pull the radio out from the front? any help would be appreciated Thanks Tom

any body could give any installation instructions that a novice could do. I do not have a console. so do i pull the radio out the front and do you just swap the plugs. thanks for you help any more help

CALIF GIRL

Remove the 4 screws from the front, look in back and see if the radio is actualy held on with one in back (should be) unhook connector and antenna and pull out from front. This is for a car without a console.

robert campbell

Lots of Mustangs part suppliers have radios that just bolt in. On the left edge of the screen for our site is a blue oval that says "R&R Classics". Click it! He can set you up with all sorts of bolt in stuff.

All you need is your wallet!!

Alot of it comes from the link below, but do not hesitate to go through Ron. He may have a better deal!

http://www.casmfg.com/Mustang_Radios.htm

Rob