• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Is anyone here running a MustangII front suspansion on their CS?

robert campbell

AOD. The Lentec AOD shifts just like a C4 and you have an overdrive lockout switch. Best of all worlds. Lentech is the only copy to my knowledge that has the reprogrammed shift body to mimic the C4. A stock AOD has one weird shift pattern and even when you beef it up, the valve body is the weak link. The AOD is a bit heavier than a C4, but unless you are purely racing, you won't notice much. I cruise a 70 at around 2,500 RPM with 25 inch tall tires.

I have line lock and I reprogrammed my stock shifter to force you to push the button to get into neutral. This allows you to shift the auto without fear of hitting neutral. See thread below! Easy to do and costs you nada!

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12083&highlight=neutral

Rob

OP
OP
L

lucky1968

AOD. The Lentec AOD shifts just like a C4 and you have an overdrive lockout switch. Best of all worlds. Lentech is the only copy to my knowledge that has the reprogrammed shift body to mimic the C4. A stock AOD has one weird shift pattern and even when you beef it up, the valve body is the weak link. The AOD is a bit heavier than a C4, but unless you are purely racing, you won't notice much. I cruise a 70 at around 2,500 RPM with 25 inch tall tires.

I have line lock and I reprogrammed my stock shifter to force you to push the button to get into neutral. This allows you to shift the auto without fear of hitting neutral. See thread below! Easy to do and costs you nada!

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12083&highlight=neutral

Rob

Your doing a great job at spending my money. Why didn't you get it with a tranny brake?

robert campbell

Tranny brake is pure racing parts. Basically a way to unlock the automatic from the engine and rev the car to whatever launch rpm and drop the hammer on it. Lots of stress and strain on you car!!! Even more brutal than dropping a clutch.

AOD does require some driveshaft shortening. Uses the same drive shaft yoke and works great with the shifter. Easy bolt in install.

Rob

OP
OP
L

lucky1968

Im almost afraid to ask but would you keep the 289 .30 over and put some aluminum heads on it or would you go for a 347 roller motor?

robert campbell

I forgot Lucky that you do need to fabricate a shifter end on the shift rod to the AOD. Easy peasey.

As for the motor, a 289 .030 over is just fine. You can extract a lot of HP out of one. The picture of my engine with the Weber's on it is a .030 over 271 HP Hipo shortblock with 12.5 pop ups. Do not listen to anyone tell you that you cannot run this much compression on today's gas. You can, but it is all about the package you decide on. My engine has a solid roller cam and I spin it to 7,500 against the MSD rev limiter. Massive port work with 2.02 and 1.60 Chevy valves.

The 347 stroker had a bad rep for oil consumption early on, but they have specific pistons now a days to keep the piston pin out of the oil ring area and they are just fine. As they always say there is no substitute for cubic inches. Except one!!! Pressure! Slap one of these on your 10 to 1 289 with a mild cam and instant big block power!

You will need to consider a steel crank, aftermarket rods, and forged pistons. How fast do you want to go? My supercharger car is stupid fast! You need to consider the end game and we can build it in steps as you have the money, but with a total package at the end in sight.