• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Monte Carlo Bar

nfrntau

I know many of you have Monte Carlo Bars on your Mustangs. I bought a bar recently and went to test fit it to my engine compartment.
The holes did not match up with the holes already in the car. I'm not just talking about adding an additional hole on the top. I'm talking about the two holes that have bolts attaching the outer shock towers.
Is this typical or did I get a bad/poorly made Monte Carlo Bar?
Thanks Y'all

bbeatty

I’ve never put one in but I’ve always heard the bar is correct and it’s more likely that the car’s dimension over the years may have changed.

You’re putting the bar in to stiffen up the front, correct? Doesn’t make sense that as your car has flexed over the years the shock towers may have moved a bit? How far is it off?

Mosesatm

I thought about the old car movement factor too but it doesn't seem to apply to this case. The main problem with Bill's bar is that the angle of the brackets seem to be incorrect. When we lined up the holes on the vertical part of the inner fender the rear portion of the bracket that rests on the top of the inner fender sat way up in the air. It looks like the bar, or the bracket, has some sort of twist in it. Bill, can you post a picture of how the thing fits, or doesn't fit?

OP
OP
nfrntau

nfrntau

This is a photo of it. It's way off. From what has been said, I am going to make a template of the bolt holes in relation to fender top and take it with me when I return this item.
I'll take this photo with me too.

Attachments

• DSCF2978.JPG
    DSCF2978.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 14

Jayscal

Wow that is a poor MC bar, must have been made on a Monday morning, or a late Friday evening.