• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Photo Your Winter Fun

Mosesatm

Not sure I'd call it winter 'fun' but it keeps me out of the bars!

Attachments

• Underside.jpg
    Underside.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Rear Axle Small.jpg
    Rear Axle Small.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Ruppstang

Rob,
I love the crisp detail thats somthing I look for on the concours cars I judge. If it is half as fast as it looks Watch Out. This is Vals grocery getter? Brings new meaning to fast food! Marty

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Val's car is not not running yet! She needs a fast grocery "gitter" to ensure that the food does not spoil and the beer stays cold!!

Running soon. Couple linkage glitches.

Got another cool small project. Beautiful 40 Ford Sedan, and of course Ford powered or it would be outside in the 6 inches of snow we got today!

Tuning and some interesting temp gauge fluctuation problem. I am getting a pretty good beaten path to my door this winter. Mostly carb and tuning work.

What a horrible picture of me.... Or heck, that is just how ugly I am!!

DSCN9598.jpg

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Rob 29, Webers 25 in overtime!!! I finally won but not without a struggle!!!

From this:

DSCN9473.jpg

To This:

DSCN9475.jpg

To finally this:

DSCN9575.jpg

These were Rob’s first Weber’s down to parade rest back together again. Powder coat in Ford light blue!!! Love it!!

But first Rob leaned about the critical need for throttle butterfly to throttle bore adjustment. Done tons of Holley's and Autolites, but hey go back and pretty much self align. Not Weber’s!!! Started car up and could not get idle below 2,500 RPM . Running like crap. There are 4 of these bad boys on the car and the one that sets the idle was way out of alignment with the butterfly's. Off we go from engine and all got a fine adjustment. Back on, now we idle, but car still runs like crap....

Carb that services number 7 and 8 cylinder had “stuck” float, gas everywhere, or so Rob thinks. A gentle tap and all seems ok. Still runs bad and smokes so bad I think I have other problems. Broken oil ring or very bad valve guide. Decide to disassemble to pull heads. Stop after one header is loose..... go to bed.... Decide that when carb was gushing gas it may have ran down into exhaust system as there is a small puddle under the collector.... Decide to put back together and drive it long enough to dry exhaust system out......

Put it back together and like an idiot start car up with out second set of eyes on carb, and it is running bad..... Want to move it off my lift to other side of garage...... So I drive it off and back down but before I go into other side notice huge pond of “liquid” under lift area.... number 7 and 8 carb is a geyser of gas..... Get out and thank God for no fire!!! Slop up all the gas..... dodged a bullet......

Get smart and bring Val out to turn on ignition to engage electric fuel pump while rob watches. Instant gas geyser!!! Val shuts key off very fast, but braided hose TOO close to coil area provide small spark......

Poof!!! Instant small fire from very small bit of gas in timing cover cavity!!! Yaaa, you know the one. Rob on his horse into garage!!!! Fire extinguisher in his hand he returns!! Small fire, so Rob blows it our with hot air from his big mouth........ Bullet two dodged......

Rob goes into house and cleans out his pants....... Drinks 2 beers very fast..... Goes back out and takes top of the “fountain” of youth carb!!! Brand new brass float is sunk and full of gas!!! First brass float I have ever saw that had a hole in it. Put old float in, adjusted and all is good now.

Took it out today and dialed it in a bit more. Running like a banshee!!!

Cory, video soon!!! both cars!!

Rob “fetch me my brown pants” Campbell

rvrtrash

I can't even begin to tell you just how badly I want to make comments about flames and fire extinguishers! The carbs do look nice though, Rob.

Steve

hookedtrout

Way nice Rob, videos should be awesome! Assuming they are of the cars tearing it up and not flames in the shop...

Mosesatm

Rob and I have completely different ideas of fun.

This is fun!

Hmmmmm, here's an idea; you can do the mechanical stuff, Steve can work on the wiring, Neil can work his magic on the interiors, and I can prime, sand, and paint. Now all we need is a body and fender person, and a shop!

Attachments

• Engine Bay Primed 2-16-12.jpg
    Engine Bay Primed 2-16-12.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 52

hookedtrout

I've got a shop and a car in need. Bring all your talents, I'll fill the fridge with beer and I'll be the parts runner. We should have it all knocked out in say a week or so? ;-)

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Wouldn't it be great if we all lived within a few miles of each other!!! Instead of the 4 corners of the known world.... Spose I could move to Idaho!!! Except Cory and Steve managed to locate about as far apart as they could in the spud state!!

Arlie! You are hired!! Pulling motors tonight!!!

Rob

franklinair

OR.... We could all centrally locate, say in Franklin, NC:icon_lol:
I've got a 40 X 35 hangar, heated in the winter, cooled in the summer, and lighting that requires sunglasses.

Neil

rvrtrash

Well, I'm actually in job search mode, so no telling where I might end up. Aiming for Oregon to be closer to grandkids, but you never know.

Steve

PS, I'm not to bad at suspensions as well. I think we could make a team and get Cory standing tall in no time.