• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Photo Your Winter Fun

Ruppstang

Wow Arlie you do have it picked clean, but that is the best way to do it. Makes your fingers sore doesn't it! Marty

Mosesatm

Wow Arlie you do have it picked clean, but that is the best way to do it. Makes your fingers sore doesn't it! Marty

Yeah, sandpaper and water-softened skin makes for a bad combination. I forgot to tape my fingers and sanded off my finger friction ridges again!

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Installed a set of Calvert Racing Cal Track traction bars on my bro-in-laws 1967 Fastback. These are awesome quality bars and wasy to install with no welding. You do need to remove the leafs and press out the front bushing and install their bushing. I am getting these for my GNS.

DSCN9949.jpg

DSCN9948.jpg

DSCN9947.jpg

rvrtrash

Please tell me you weren't finished when you took the pics. :icon_pani

Nice looking traction bars. A lot better than the "old skool" square tubing.

Steve

hookedtrout

I love the new word, "Wasy" (Way Easy) I'm stealing it and adding it to my vocabulary!!

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Picture of a Modern Drivelines external hydraulic slave cylinder in Val's 1967 Fastback. I also have the Modern Drivelines master cylinder conversion kit. This stuff is well engineered and gives you a very light pedal effort. Great with headers!! A must for 5 speed conversions, a way better than a cable conversion. I know, I had the cable conversion. These people are great and their tech support is second to none!

http://www.moderndriveline.com/catalog/hydraulic_masters.htm

The link is the master and it fits perfectly under our Bendix power brake assited brake assembly

Pic of underneath at the slave on a bracket with our toploader!!

DSCN9951.jpg

whodat

I don't have a photo as I am not finished yet. I am detailing under the hood. Had some parts bead blasted. A GT valence on the rear. New dual exhaust with correct GT tips. New 3 core radiator with a clutch fan and new fan blade. New windshield washer bottle. New trim rings for the rims. Installed another gas gauge with a new wire from the fuel tank to under the dash. Going to put in a new windshield, but after the car show on may12th. A restored dealer license plate frame. And painted the rear end.

Attachments

• 102_3476.jpg
    102_3476.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 102_3477.jpg
    102_3477.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 102_3475.jpg
    102_3475.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 102_3479.jpg
    102_3479.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 102_3480.jpg
    102_3480.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 102_3481.jpg
    102_3481.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

rvrtrash

To finally this:

DSCN9575.jpg

Took it out today and dialed it in a bit more. Running like a banshee!!!

I had the opportunity to see this, and the GN/CS/GT, up close and personal this last weekend. I have a really severe case of engine envy, because mine is definately not bigger. Just a word of advice. If Rob asks if you want to go for a ride in the CS and says "See what happens when we bury the throttle at 20", politely decline. He just wants to see if you'll crap your pants and scream like a little girl!

Steve

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

My brother Steve's Shelby is a blast to drive. I will post a pic or two of our short visit. Deb is a sweet heart and let us beat on all the cars!!! We had a great time! Steve is one of a small list of friends that I would let drop the hammer on my car. He is a great driver and kept it as straight as I could!! I have seen him in action in one of Tim's car before!!
Rob

Mosesatm

In Houston we have winter fun in the summer because it's too hot to go outside.

Almost there.

Attachments

• Engine Bay 6-10-12.jpg
    Engine Bay 6-10-12.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Engine Bay 5-5-11.jpg
    Engine Bay 5-5-11.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 67

Ruppstang

Wow Arlie that thing is looking sweet! I know it has been a real battle but it looks like you have won. Marty

Mosesatm

It certainly does. That 5-speed is way too much fun!:grin: I think the neighbors are starting to get annoyed, though.

Last edited:

Mosesatm

It's raining today so I figured it would be a good day to replace the exhaust manifold on the C-code. I had noticed that the front bolt hole was broken and I could hear a little exhaust leak so I assumed the manifold was leaking near that bolt hole.

I was wrong!:eek:

Attachments

• Exhaust Manifold 1.jpg
    Exhaust Manifold 1.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Exhaust Manifold 2.jpg
    Exhaust Manifold 2.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 38
  • Exhaust Manifold 3.jpg
    Exhaust Manifold 3.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Exhaust Manifold Gasket.jpg