• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Pleasant suprise today at my office about a car show I was in about a month ago

390cs68rcode

I entered a car show with the 390 CS about a month ago. Got there all bright and early and then left to go to the gun range for a couple of hours. I cleaned my car throughly as I always do, setup my displays and throphys in front of the car. Talked to some of the organizers (I was a sponsor of the show as well). I looked around at the competion in my class 67-70 restored division (all makes and models). There were at least 15-20 in my class considering it was all makes and models. I figured I would get in the top 3.

Well, we came back to the show and about a hour later they had the awards. Got to my class and did not get called for any place. I was somewhat disappointed since I looked over the competition and when I do this I am realistic on my chances. My mechanic was with me and we both could not figure out why it did not place. I had considered calling them to make sure it was judged. I figured this was not the right thing to do.

I came in my office after lunch and there was a package on my desk with a second place plaque in it. They said they had some data entry errors and were very sorry.

All in all this makes me feel a little better about how local shows are judged. This was the first show where the CS did not get 1st or 2nd but it did actually get 2nd. Some of my other cars have placed very well then they don't place at all the next weekend, go figure.

Mustanger

Congratulations, Jason! It's nice to be suprised like that ... like you said, it kinda helps re-establish some faith in some of the local car shows ... I've had some similar disappointments too ... but you gotta keep tryin', and just go for the fun of it ...

davidathans

congratz on the award...you have guts for leaving your car unattended...you never know if someone is going to steal one of your hood pins...grrr

by the way i called NPD...no hood pins..."all gone" is the response i got

Mustanger

390cs68rcode said:
I felt pretty safe, the show was at a large church.

... I've been to a few carshow events at different churches, they're ususally lots of fun and typically a more "family friendly" environment ... in fact, my church held a car show a while back, I'm hoping that they'll do it again this year ...

marie68csmustangs

Well, congrats on the 2nd place award! It must be nice to be suprised like that.. There have been some local car shows around here - at parks and stuff I don't know of any that been held at churches..

Marie