• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

11.989 ET - August Calendar

case12

Just turned the calendar over and there is David in his GT/CS smoking the tires down LACR. Nice shot - and it is so cool that we have every type of GT/CS represented from MCA Gold concours to raw drag racers like David. Congrats David on a great calendar shot.

Is it possible to best your own 11.989?

Casey

(P.S. after hearing David's car at Galpin this spring, I changed my mufflers out to the Magnaflows because I loved the sound of his 347 so much - David has been a great help to me in building my 347 - thanks!)

davidathans

Thanks Casey, i just flipped over the calendar to august this morning and there i am haha

Yes i could possibly best the 11.989 if i spend about $1000 and buy those skinny racing rims for the front of my car and manage to beat a 1.687 60' time. A little tail wind helps too haha

I might get another chance at beating it August 16, but i'll have to beat it without those skinny rims because they are custom made and take 3-4 weeks to get...so we'll see

Casey, when you get your 347 all broken in and all the small issues squared away...are you going to try racing it? is there a local drag strip in Illinois somewhere that you would try if you wanted to?

joedls

Nice calendar pic, David!!! I'm really glad you made it into the calendar. It would not have been the same without your car.

Unfortunately, August 16th has been cancelled at Fontana. The next Street Legal races in Fontana are Nov 1 & 2. I'll probably be going back to Irwindale in a couple of weeks. You wanna go?

davidathans

thats a damn shame. im glad you told me. i think i will pass on irwindale. going 90mph doesnt thrill me quite as much as 112mph. i would race there if it were a quarter mile track like it used to be

P

PNewitt

World's Fastest GT/CS!! yessir!! :)

.... going 90mph doesnt thrill me quite as much as 112mph....

Something you'd only hear from the likes of David Athens. LOL.....

That's like saying that you prefer the Long Beach Freeway over the Santa Monica Freeway...LOL!!!

Hey David....if you get a better time soon...I'll revise it for the book.

"Little Red" had a speed limiter....it was the HOOD!! No faster than 140--or the front of the car would lift up.....now THAT is "scary fast". They didn't put hood locks on there just for looks.

Paul N.