• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 4 speed GT/CS on Ebay?

mmarsalone

And aemoo28- if you are going to be so critical of someone's car, you should fix your fender script on the passenger side. QUOTE]

I don't think he was talking about the stripes, I think he means the "Mustang" fender script. I find that on a lot of CSs, even mine. I have original fenders with stamped date codes and all. And my script tilts down towards the front. More so on the passenger side. Not extreme, but noticable, at least to me. How about anyone else?

Sorry for the thread hijack.

mmarsalone

Okay, I just looked in a few galleries. Tim's red car looks like it tilts down like mine. It looks like Aemoo's tilts up. So, I don't know what this means. Sooo....., back to you regularly scheduled discussion.

nikko010

Hey Sean

It's not that we're trying to hurt your feelings, its just that if you advertise it is without a doubt a '68 CS/GT, then it better be exactly that. Parts from other years or custom made parts that aren't quite the same deface the value of the car because the large majority of buyers want it's classic, vintage look. That's the problem with custom built/restored vehicles is that a small majority may be interested. I'm guilty of criticizing other CS owners, but for good reason. It's because they're charging $25000 for a half '68 CS/GT, part '67, part custom mustang with over 100,000 miles on it. I know you're trying to feed the family, but that and the fact that you put a lot of time and effort into it doesn't make it worth a fortune. Maybe if you had custom built something like a 2006 Honda Civic, you'd get a lot of buyers at a high price, but you have to understand that you're trying to sell a classic car the classic car enthusiasts are looking at. The large majority of the world doesn't give a crap about a '68, they want their Nissan's and Kia's, not an old (but classic) car with a lot of mileage. To be honest, you may get lucky and sell it for a lot to someone who doesn't know anything, but more than likely you won't get any more than $15,000 for it. If you want big bucks, you have to get it accurate. No one cares, sympathize but not care, if you have 200 hours and $7000 invested into restoration, they care for the accuracy of the car. I've seen a classic, all original red with white racing stripes, black leather interior, no rust, less than 40000 miles, front row bench seat with classic tires '68 CS/GT have a buy it now of $12000 and still not sell. If yous old it, that's great man, I'm glad someone doesn't care the accuracy and they appreciate the work you put into it, that's one of the few.
Just my 2 cents and what I perceive as the truth, sorry man.

And as for usedto, you just must've been around jerks. It sucks that that happened, but that's life. Maybe he didn't realize it was a CS because a large amount have the stripes, or maybe he was just clueless, I don't know. But regardless, that shouldn't reflect what most of the owners and enthusiasts would say or do. I know I always do a thorough inspection of the tail lights and grill to make sure and that usually tells me, I don't look at the paint (though I personally do prefer red with white racing stripes. I'm a sucker for a classic)