• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 4 speed GT/CS on Ebay?

Mosesatm

Looks like a nice car.

Unique way of attaching the Marchal lights.

CougarCJ

I like that car.

The colors are very close to what mine will eventually look like.

I dig the manual steering. :grin:

aemoo28

This car was for sale at Roundup. It is not correct in so many ways. This poor man got ripped up one side and down the other.

He has a sign that says he wants $30K for this car.

He made the brackets for the fogs, was creative. He works at a local Mustang shop. Did not care about being ''correct'' with this GT/CS, and therefore is not a true restoration.

Last edited:

Mosesatm

It's still a nice looking car, unless he's not showing us something awful.

Who ripped him up one side and down the other?

franklinair

OH. If THAT's the one we looked at, it's a "Blow and Go" resto. Slick paint job, but a myriad of glitches that makes one question the quality of the end product. I think the '67 front fenders caught my eye first. Buyer Beware.

Neil

Last edited:

seancarson

What have I ever done to you people?

Hello ,
My name is Shane Stafford I own and restored the blue GT/CS that you seem to have so much contempt for.I work at a mustang shop now ,but not while I was working on my car . I am new in this area and couldn't find all the peices that one might need to be " perfect " . but none of you people have come to the house to see it ,see the before pictures ,talk to me about the countless hours I spent on it ,offer help , nothing.

I have the right to ask whatever I want for my car wheather its $5 or $5,000,000 and its your right not to buy it if you feel it is to high .
Im just trying to feed my family.

I would appreciate if your site and members would stop the slanderous comments.

with much dissapointment
Shane Stafford

Mustanglvr

Hello ,
My name is Shane Stafford I own and restored the blue GT/CS that you seem to have so much contempt for.I work at a mustang shop now ,but not while I was working on my car . I am new in this area and couldn't find all the peices that one might need to be " perfect " . but none of you people have come to the house to see it ,see the before pictures ,talk to me about the countless hours I spent on it ,offer help , nothing.

I have the right to ask whatever I want for my car wheather its $5 or $5,000,000 and its your right not to buy it if you feel it is to high .

with much dissapointment
Shane Stafford

Sorry, were just the experts here. :rolleyes:

franklinair

Sorry if the critiques hurt anyone's feelings. I DID see the car in Belvedere, and IMHO it has incorrect parts installed, issues incorrect for a GT/CS, yet was touted as a correctly restored C/S with an asking price far above current market value.
Too bad questions were not asked prior to and/or during the restoration process. There's a ton of information available from site members that are more than glad to help.
The integrity of these cars is a jealously guarded commodity among owners & collectors of the HCS & GT/CS Mustang models.
ALL new members are welcome, and encouraged to ask questions. I still do after 30 years of my "Mustang malady"!!

Neil

Mosesatm

Hello ,

with much dissapointment
Shane Stafford

As I was reading your post I was agreeing with your comments but then you completely blew it with the last line.

ETA
I just realized that every post you've made here has been in an attempt to sell your car.

Last edited:
U

UsedTo

Hello All- My name is Roger and I am a retired engineer from Boeing. I bought a California Special new in 1968 and had the car for more then 20 years. I used to enjoy going to the shows and whatnot but I will tell you what really spoiled it for me. I had the car repainted in 1986 and opted not to put the stripes back on (I liked the look without). I went to a Mustang show that summer and went to park with the other GT CS Mustangs and was told to park with the "rest of the coupes." I felt like I was no longer welcome in what is clearly turning out to be an elitist and arrogant group of people. Leave this Sean person alone and learn some manners when you're posting for the world to see on the internet. And aemoo28- if you are going to be so critical of someone's car, you should fix your fender script on the passenger side. It's crooked. I am glad I don't have that car anymore, thanks to people like you. No need for a response, I just signed up to throw in my two cents. You have a nice car, Sean and you can be proud of the work you did.

aemoo28

And aemoo28- if you are going to be so critical of someone's car, you should fix your fender script on the passenger side. It's crooked. .

Actually if you knew about my car and the way GT/CS scripts were put on, you'd know that some cars have scripts that do not match on both sides.

Do not critique me unless you know what you are talkin' about. Ok?

Mosesatm

Hello All- My name is Roger and I am a retired engineer from Boeing. I bought a California Special new in 1968 and had the car for more then 20 years. I used to enjoy going to the shows and whatnot but I will tell you what really spoiled it for me. I had the car repainted in 1986 and opted not to put the stripes back on (I liked the look without). I went to a Mustang show that summer and went to park with the other GT CS Mustangs and was told to park with the "rest of the coupes." I felt like I was no longer welcome in what is clearly turning out to be an elitist and arrogant group of people. Leave this Sean person alone and learn some manners when you're posting for the world to see on the internet. And aemoo28- if you are going to be so critical of someone's car, you should fix your fender script on the passenger side. It's crooked. I am glad I don't have that car anymore, thanks to people like you. No need for a response, I just signed up to throw in my two cents. You have a nice car, Sean and you can be proud of the work you did.

So you base your entire hatred of GT/CS owners on one incident with one car show worker who placed your car in the wrong category???????

Shane, next time you ask a friend to sign up and bash us you may want to come up with a better story for him.

hookedtrout

I'd say it's obvious neither one of them has hung out here much at all or they would know that we are an extremely helpful group of CS owners that strive to help anyone with a CS or in the market to sell or purchase a CS. Which is exactly what was going on here, discussion about this car to disclose what was seen in relation to the accuracy of the CS restoration.

The discussion about this car was around the fact that it has some components related to the CS incorrect, by disclosing that we are protecting others that may be misled into thinking it is a complete and correct CS.

If they would research they would find we do this with every CS that comes up for sale. And there were and typically always are comments around the positive issues surrounding the car as well.

Informed buyers make better choices and end up happier, we've seen many a buyer join after they have purchased only to be gravely disappointed that their purchase was very misleading. Sad but it does happen, we aim to help eliminate that confusion. Sometimes the seller does not have ill intent, they are simply uninformed as well.

Doug

This car was for sale at Roundup. It is not correct in so many ways. This poor man got ripped up one side and down the other.

He has a sign that says he wants $30K for this car.

He made the brackets for the fogs, was creative. He works at a local Mustang shop. Did not care about being ''correct'' with this GT/CS, and therefore is not a true restoration.

Amy, I love your passion but IMHO a restoration does not have to be 100% stock. It seems that this guy was building a car for himself not for the GTCS community. It also seems that he did go through the car completely but did not use 100% CS parts.

Unless any of us actually sees this or any other car in person and really inspects a vehicle we should be more careful on our being so critical. We all have to remember that what we say on the internet stays around forever and will haunt the current and maybe future owners.

IMHO opinion it would have been better to call the car correctly and discus concerns.

In closing the site is here to help all California Special owners; current and future.

robert campbell

Shane/Roger,
That is one beautiful car! It is my hope that all of this can be swept under the rug and we can start anew. This site and the people are the keepers of originality and their passion for that runs hot.

Shane, at the same time the effort you have put in this car is FULLY displayed in your pictures. I am a modified guy with a GT/CS car that may or may not be a real one. It may be a dealer clone, a clone clone, or whatever. But I love it! It is what it is. I am not in this for the money, but only for the love of Mustangs.

I would take a picture of your Marti report for your Ebay ad. That will cement the car for what it is. It will help you sell the car. I know it sounds petty, as you obviously have it, but it is a huge selling point for your car and should be revealed for all to see. This site has witnessed many a car for sale that does not have a Marti report for all to see. Makes everyone suspicious.

I feel that the tone of our comments was harsh, and sniping at each other just adds fuel to the fire. I hope we can stop. No car is perfect as we all know. But everyone that posted are great people and very helpful.

I hope we can all let this go. Your car is beautiful and built for fun! Not so irreparably modified that it could not be returned to orginal if the new owner wishes to. I for one have seen modified cars actually sell well if the mods are professional and tasteful. Yours are, and it should sell easily. But as you know the market is a bit down, but coming back!

I sincerely hope that we can help you in the future or any new owner of your car. Roger, I hope we can put this behind us and feel very sorry for your earlier treament. I, for one, am sorry this got so heated. And hopefully we can all learn from it.

Rob “over in Bremerton” Campbell

Midnight Special

...Nicely put Rob.
All I will add is that I have yet to stick a gold pan in a creek and pull it out with nothing but nuggets. Sometimes you have to sift through a bunch of sand... Lord knows I sluiced more than my share, plus a whole lot of "fool's gold" when I first joined in 2005. With a little time and refinement (not to mention claim disputes, territorial wars and a few robbery attempts), I can honestly say I struck the Mother Lode with un-ending abundance thanks to the people and amassed knowledge of this site!

Don't let the "pride" demonstrated here on both sides become stifled with "absolutes"!
There's plenty of room for all of us to keep going & growing :)