• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 67 Motor Mounts

x-codegtcs

Anyone experienced any engine mount issues with a 67 OR convertible mustang and corresponding brackets and mounts? Pray tell....

CougarCJ

Ok, here is the 411.
To my knowledge no one makes correct 1967 engine mounts. They say that they do, but what they supply is 1968-70 small block mounts that only work with 1968-70 small block frame stands.

1967 frame stands are the same small block to big block. Starting in 1968 until 1970, Ford changed frame stands for the small block V-8's, but only in non-convertibles. Convertibles used the big block frame stands. Why? because supposedly the big block frame stands allowed the engine to sit slightly lower for a lower center of gravity. The convertible engine mounts are not reproduced either. They may have the same Ford part number as 1967 289 engine mounts, if you can find NOS.

OP
OP
X

x-codegtcs

Thanks guys. I bought a pair of "68" SB brackets and bolted right up...strange things that Ford did - even stranger that no one makes the mount...I mean I get that it was "67 only" - but the reality is that it also included several hundred thousand converts...Oh well problem solved.

robert campbell

The 1967 frame bracket can be drilled to except both a big block and small block motor mount. I have a set. I also have a set of 1968 small block frame mounts from my GNS.

I will get those bolts and belts in the mail soon!!!

Rob