• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

'68 C code GT/CS on E-bay

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Good point, Marion. I remember your car from my CA visit last year. I REALLY liked the fabric upholstery you had done in your car. (How/where did you get that?) A good example of "not concourse correct", but for comfort & appearance- two thumbs-up!! Build'em the way you like'em, just use good taste!

Neil

CALIF GIRL

Neil,
Thanks.

Don't laugh now...My seats were reupholstered in The LA County Jail upholstery shop way back in 1992. I used commercial material.. I have the info on the material name and color at home....

Love the cloth instead of the vinyl here in the desert

JohnnyQuest515

I'll chime in with Neil and agree about driver condition is what I am going for. I have never owned a 1 or 2 car but plenty of 2+ low 3 car. I am a weekend warrior and many people can't believe it comes out all the time. I don't get it when someone has a trailer queen, the joy is to drive it ...right! :eek:?

My car has some non-Marti report goodies like: power brakes, mini tach and Shelby Wheels.......but I can say two of those were dealer installed options for the time so they are kinda correct.

I appreciate the wealth of information here, impressive.

Randy

RedGTvert

I don't get it. Not all #1 or #2 cars are trailer queens. My 67 FB is a strong #2 car and it takes to the road every weekend, with one caveat, no rain (although last weekend, it was wet twice).

A well restored car does not always equate to a trailer queen. Yes I have trailered my car to events that are not around the corner, although I love driving it, it is not comfortable enough for a 7-8 hour drive.

Look at the MCA shows, there is a Concours driven class, where most cars are quite exceptional and do get driven.

It really comes down to what you want, how far you will go with the resto, and how much money you want to spend.

CSPonyGirl

Hi there.
I'm new to this forum and very excited to be here! Am in the market to purchase a CS/GT and am thrilled to find so many experts on this site! Wondering what you folks might think of one of the current CS/GT offerings on eBay. I am of the same philosophy of Neil "period or year correct" and want to enjoy and drive my car! Curious to hear people's thoughts on look, condition, "period integrity," and price on this car:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-C-S-1968-Ford-Mustang-California-Special_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a317Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem4836b23bf5QQitemZ310155295733QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks#ht_25411wt_1075

Thanks!

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

If you check out the previous thread "What do you guys think of this", you'll see lots of comments on this car, previously listed on E-bay. Apparently looking to get $25K (too much) for it.. NEVER buy a C/S without a Marti Report to verify it's authenticity. There's also a red C/S currently advertised on E-bay, slightly modified, located in Oregon. Don't know if anyone from this site is near enough & available to check either one out.
Happy hunting. If anyone here can help, we're ready-willing-and able.

Neil

CSPonyGirl

Neil, thanks for your advice and alternative in Oregon. I asked the seller in Reno to forward me the Marti report. Haven't seen it yet, but hopefully it will arrive in my email inbox soon. Curious that it has been posted for sale so many times. Makes one wonder...

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

If he's trying for $25K, he'll never make it - not in today's economy.

Neil

RedGTvert

If he's trying for $25K, he'll never make it - not in today's economy.

Neil

Just watching the deals at the Mecum Auction today, you are not kidding. The prices continue to fall and many sellers let cars go that would not have gone a year or two ago.