• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

SOLD 68 California Special GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoolsGold1

1968 Sunlit mettalic Gold California Special:302/4V, auto, air, disc
original engine rebuilt with 20 miles on new.
This car has all Ford original parts, quarters, carb, everything. You can see the zinc underneath, the overspray in the rear quarters. It is older restoration but very clean. Lucas fogs.

Seperate from sale, but negotiable, things that add value to your collection of replacement parts...
2 Marschals(sp) fog lights, additional 302 block (1968, date code correct), 4-5 Philco am radios, windshield washer hose and tee kit, door weatherstripping (new), additional center console, 2 standard black door panels, 68 grille for CS, chrome rain gutters, replacement door foot guards, 4 GT customized wheels (wider stance than original), multiple seat belts, multiple Lucas covers, 1 fuel pump, 1 chrome instrument cluster, 2 fuel caps (1 gt, 1 standard)2 Hood locks, multiple wiring harnesses, 2 front pieces, both zinc, ford parts for grille/valance assembly? and 1 manifold (?) with choke setup for carb. There's even more, but honestly, I cant identify the items by name... Its a cornicopia(sp) of surprise treasures.

Attachments

• Bike and Mustang 2010 002.jpg
    Bike and Mustang 2010 002.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 275
  • Bike and Mustang 2010 005.jpg
    Bike and Mustang 2010 005.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 197
  • Bike and Mustang 2010 006.jpg
    Bike and Mustang 2010 006.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 202
  • Bike and Mustang 2010 010.jpg
    Bike and Mustang 2010 010.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 184
  • Bike and Mustang 2010 013.jpg
    Bike and Mustang 2010 013.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

Mosesatm

It's not just the photo. The stripe is way too high on the scoop.

Nice looking car, though.

franklinair

Yep. I just went thru this when re-striping mine. The scoop stripe should be about centered on the scoop. Great looking car. The Sunlit Gold is the same as my '68 convertible.
Well optioned.

Neil

OP
OP
F

FoolsGold1

U have a nice car Mike. In HS, I had your car, except it was not a CS. Just gold on gold coupe.

franklinair

Here's what the gold interior looks like when I did my '68 conv Deluxe interior.

Neil

Attachments

• conv done3.JPG
    conv done3.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 65
  • conv int.JPG
    conv int.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 65

BroadwayBlue

Yep. I just went thru this when re-striping mine. The scoop stripe should be about centered on the scoop. Great looking car. The Sunlit Gold is the same as my '68 convertible.
Well optioned.

Neil

My guess is that will happen if you put the stripes on parallel to the ground.
I believe they should be lower in the rear and go higher toward the front.

OP
OP
F

FoolsGold1

Additional parts added to sale

Attempted to list extensive inventory of original, some new original, FORD Cal Special components, 302 Engine components, details for show stopper looks vs. daily driver, slight wear looks on car.

quicknick

For anyone else interested, I went over and looked at this car for one of our members. Aside from the incorrect stripe placement, Rhett's car is an outstanding example of an early build CS. This is clean, solid, honest Mustang, and the photos don't do it justice. Feel free to call or PM me if you need more details. I have photos and extensive notes.
It was a pleasure to meet Rhett. I brought Tom Murphy along and the 3 of us talked about our Cali's all morning. Three Cali owners in one place is a very rare sight up here in Michigan.

OP
OP
F

FoolsGold1

thank you Tom and Nick. It is much more fun to be amongst like owners and speak cars.

OP
OP
F

FoolsGold1

Everyone, this GT/CS sold at Mecum Indy yesterday for $23. On Wed, a 289 Hipo GT/CS bid to 35.5K but the seller wanted $42K. It was a beautiful car but was missing several original components and had variants in door panels from 67 deluxe...

RedGTvert

Everyone, this GT/CS sold at Mecum Indy yesterday for $23. On Wed, a 289 Hipo GT/CS bid to 35.5K but the seller wanted $42K. It was a beautiful car but was missing several original components and had variants in door panels from 67 deluxe...

What do you mean a 289 Hipo? Was it a K code engine?

OP
OP
F

FoolsGold1

Seller claimed hipo but I did not see code nor any documentation to support it. When on stage, Mechum spoke nothing to the specifics on the car to support its authenticity.

Status
Not open for further replies.