• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

69 cougar engine out and gone!

jk89cat

so i got a bug to get this ball rolling , friday night i yanked the 351/fmx out of the cat and sold it, its new owner picked it up saturday! so now its time to decide a color, what you all think, vista blue or the orginal ivy yellow?
image_1269.jpg

CougarCJ

Not sure what Vista Blue looks like.

I like Medium Blue Metallic or Acapulco Blue if Ford speak.

6t8-390gt

I recently saw an "original" yellow car that had gold pearl shot over top of it. When the light hit it just right you stopped to take a second look and figure out exactly what you saw. Another option mixing original and custom!!

Decisions, decisions. Do what will make you happy.

Danny

Perkchiro

Vista Blue would look absolutely fabulous on that Cat! Just my opinion, but do whatever flips your trigger.

franklinair

I once had a '69 Cougar; I had it painted BLACK. The lines of the car, in that color just looked great. Interior can be black, white or red. That year is my favorite Cougar.
Neil Hoppe

OP
OP
J

jk89cat

no black cars for me, i dont like them, but it will have a black xr7 interior , boy its tough call, both colors are nice

OP
OP
J

jk89cat

after much pondering i have decided on pv 2008 color on the new f150 limited, its called white chocolate, its a off white metallic , not too white, not too creme colored nor yellow.

P

PNewitt

If you're liking yellow, here is a site you might get a look at.

http://www.yellowmustangregistry.com/History.html

It's a history of Mustang Yellow. I think a grabber yellow, or the '05 "Screaming Yellow" might satisfy the yellow idea. Frankly, I don't like that pale yellow on a Cougar; since it doesn't do the lines of the car any favours. If you went with Grabber Yellow, you could add a rear wing, to do a sorta Eliminator clone thing.

The Cougar was designed to emulate the Jaguar. In fact, when it premiered in 1967, they did car comparisons in the magazines with a '67 Jag XK-E

You might get a look at some of the colours of the XK8. "Antigua (blue)" is awesome. It's an aquamarine color that looks really classy. If this was my Cougar ('69 is my fav for Cougars), I'd paint it that Aston-Martin dark grey metallic, and put some classy, polished Shelby 10 spokes on it.

My '94 GT driver car is a rare "teal" color, with the stock aluminum wheels (6 spoke) chromed. Quite a looker.

A 2007 4.6 with the late-model 400hp supercharger would be pretty awesome under the hood of your Cougar, too.

A classy custom here would go a long way. I've seen some like that, and they can pull it off. Something different on the road to get a look at. Just keep it simple and elegant.

Just my two bits.

Paul N.

OP
OP
J

jk89cat

paul thanks, im kinda set on the new color as its classy . i didnt want too yellow of a car. shes goign to have a a 347 that is currently residing in my garage on a stand. hey paul send me your email i have pics of the 07 gtcs that i found searchingthru my files

Attachments

• 347onpicker.jpg
    347onpicker.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 17