• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

A little Friday morning ride at........218.3 mph

68 special

ssssswwwwweeeeeeeeeettttt

How cool is that. Keep those videos coming.

Bret

J.Bart

what limitations are there concerning mph and safety equipment?
maybe i need to have my governor turned off and take a trip to texas

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

below 190 mph run the requirements are easier and pretty much all you need is a helmet, 2 pound fire extinguisher in the car and long pants and shirt. To go over 190 mph in a modern car you need roughly 700rwhp.

check the Texas Mile website, they have it all printed out.

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

here is a little press from a local paper. ABout halfway down there is my interview.

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2010/mar/28/s_jh_texasmile_032810_90335/?news

Many of the racers came as part of teams, complete with mechanics and a trailer in tow, and with the cars on display along a parallel strip of asphalt to the raceway for spectators. Of these was Jason Stevens, from Houston, of Joe Dirt Racing, who proudly displayed his fastest speed from three runs on Friday - 219.1 mph - in tape on his white Ford GT's windshield.

His car displayed the image of David Spade's mullet-wearing character on a Texas-shaped logo on the side of the car, and a license plate that read "Mullet." His other sports car, a Mercedes S600, has "Joe Dirt" its license plates, he said.

Stevens said he wasn't racing the second day because on that final run, the car blew a spark plug. Running it again at those speeds would probably cause the engine to crater, he said.

The car had held the standing mile record for Ford GTs after running a 226 mph here in October, he said. That record has since fallen after someone in Florida ran a 252.97 mph, Steven said.

"The car is basically stock, it comes supercharged," he said. "I've added two turbos, so it's supercharged and twin turboed. Stock, they put out 550 horsepower, and this one is putting out 1,000."

"This car is a stock engine with turbos, his is a very built race car.