• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 AC bracket help

x-codegtcs

OK - my head is swimming from all the variants and changes. Is there a site or place a guy can go to see the correct parts for a March 68 mustang? I am pretty sure I need the following:

1) Compressor Brace - C8AA-2A964-B
2) Compressor Mounting Bracket - C7AA-2882-L
3) Fixed idler pulley - C8AA8A617-C1 or C2
4) Adjustable idler pulley - C8AA8A617-A1 or A2
5) Compressor stabilizer bar - C8ZA-2889-A

I have found the adjustable idler pulley at Napa. Haven't found the fixed one any where yet. I see from the book that cars with PS, the fixed pulley mount a bit different.

So, since I am going to a new rotary compressor, do I still need the brace (item #1)?

Anyone know where to get items 1, 2, 4 and 5? Any other unusual parts I will need to mount the compressor, drier, condenser?

CougarCJ

We have most everything documented on our website.
Use the link in my signature.

Save your receipt for the pulley. If it is the 4 Seasons branded one, they have the wrong offset for the pulley. I pointed it out to the representative, he never let me know that it was changed. Hopefully they have it right.

OP
OP
X

x-codegtcs

Scott - is there a way to check - visually or otherwise - when I pick it up from Napa, so I don't try to install it and find out the hard way?

green56

AC parts

I removed the ac in my GT/CS it was a after market and I do have the parts the AC stand and the pullys if you can give me some pictures I might have what you are looking for if you give me your e mail I will see if the other half will take pictures and email them to you. Had a Heart attack Sat SO I will see if she will do that today just hang on Tom From WI

Ruppstang

I removed the ac in my GT/CS it was a after market and I do have the parts the AC stand and the pullys if you can give me some pictures I might have what you are looking for if you give me your e mail I will see if the other half will take pictures and email them to you. Had a Heart attack Sat SO I will see if she will do that today just hang on Tom From WI

Tom sorry to hear that hope you will be ok. Marty

OP
OP
X

x-codegtcs

Tom - I am sorry to hear that too! I hope you take it easy for a while and get better!!!

I will get you some photos. Thanks for your help!

OP
OP
X

x-codegtcs

I'm your Huckleberry.

Thanks Huck! When you get a chance, I have a fence to be painted too! LOL . But really, thanks! I have no way to know what is right and what isn't - no original parts to compare, no cars around here with 302 AC to look at, so I am on an island a lot! So the time you and all the other GT/CS'ers give to help guys like me from making costly mistakes is received with gratitude! Thanks again!!!

green56

ac parts

Tom - I am sorry to hear that too! I hope you take it easy for a while and get better!!!

I will get you some photos. Thanks for your help!

if you want send me your e mail hear is my email address blunite56@att.net this wil give me your e mail soi can send you the pictures thanks Tom

dalorzo_f

Link in the referenced thread no work.... from 2008.

Anyone got a new source to order on the web?

Redoing the GT/CS C code and would like to add this to the library as most of the past engines have been FE's...