• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. ADMIN - New BLOG feature

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I've added a new Blog feature to the forums. See the link near the top left, just to the right of UserCP. (Or just click here: http://californiaspecial.com/forums/blog.php )

I admit that I'm not 100% sure how it will be used, but thought some of you might have some good ideas. Maybe a way of keeping everyone up to date on your restoration progress? Show results, points deductions and wins? Performance upgrades and subsequent 1/4 mile time results? (hint, hint Joe & David :wink:) Historical research or book progress? (hint, hint Paul :wink:) Or just rantings on stuff you're interested in.

You may ask what the difference is between posting in your own Blog and just starting a thread in the main forums...and that would be a good question. The way I see it is the Blog would be a better way to post about an ongoing project. Think of it as your own personal online journal. Other members can still interact and comment, but it won't be quite the same back and forth as on the forums. With a Blog it's definitely more clear that the author's info is primary and other member's comments are secondary. Or you can chose to not allow others to comment at all, more like you're writing an article.

Personally I'm not very familiar with the mechanics of Blogs (Wordpress, Blogger, etc.), so maybe others who are can give more insight.

Last edited:
P

PNewitt

This is a great idea, Jon!

I have a lot of side stories that I could share--once the book is done.

For example, some of the things that Lee Grey told me, or interesting experiences that I've had.

I tent to ramble on the boards, so maybe this will be a better outlet.

When I think of the word "blogs", I think of that one annoying guy at (every) Starbucks sitting in a corner there with a laptop trying to look cool typing away...Geesch!!

Thanks for a good idea...and for thinking of us again.

Paul.

mmarsalone

When I think of the word "blogs", I think of that one annoying guy at (every) Starbucks sitting in a corner there with a laptop trying to look cool typing away...Geesch!!

Paul.

When I think of "Starbucks", I think of those all those annoying people with their overpriced coffee sitting there trying to look cool because they're in a Starbucks.....Geesch!!:grin::grin:

Sorry Paul, just thought I would add laugh here. It's just a joke. I don't drink coffee, so I just don't get the whole Starbucks, fancy coffee, thing. But my wife wife does.:eek:

Mosesatm

Check out the Starbucks wake up factor. 8 times more caffeine per ounce than Diet Pepsi!

mg/oz
23.3 Starbucks Coffee
13.4 Coffee Brewed
9.6 Red Bull
7.1 Coffee (Instant)
6.0 Jolt Cola
5.9 Tea
4.6 Diet Mt Dew
3.8 Diet Coke
3.5 Diet Sunkist
3.0 Diet Pepsi
1.8 Barq's Root Beer
1.4 Nestea Sweetened Lemon Iced Tea

Midnight Special

...Yeah, but what better place than Starbucks to show off your "Carbucks". Where the laptoppers leap and minivanners weep (at the sight of your beautiful CS rumbling into the parking lot :) It's like having your own car show any day you choose! With a little polish and a humble attitude - you will never lose!

P

PNewitt

LOL!!

I agree re: Starbucks. So pretentious
. (but you know, their sales are way off, due to the economy, and McDonalds has fancy coffee now for cheap).

Maybe we could have this blog, where we're all wired on cafffieeeenee!!!!

Oh! the drug-induced drama!!

We'll argue over the value of "anti-stall dashpots!" LOL!

WOW. Imagine THAT!

Paul :p