• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Carberator

green56

I would like to replace my carb on my 68 GT/CS 289 Eng 2bbl the one that was on car had rebult by someone down south paid a arm and a leg to get it rebuilt then when we put it on car we could not keep it running made some calls to the repair shop they just would not help. Got it running but not that great .Would like to put another one on but don't know what type and were to get it from Then i would ask Rob if he would rebuild the old carb. Their is no tag on carb.

robert campbell

I can help, but need alot more info. What seems like a carb problem can be air leaks and timing problems. Lots more things to factor in to ensure the final product works. You don't just bolt on a carb and go.

To ensure the customer is happy, alot of communication must go on if you are not local. And a bit of motor knowledge.

The entire engine needs to be adjusted. If you are knowledgeable and can follow some directions, I think I can help you.

But to rebuild your carb and hope that it bolts on and all is good is not reasonable. And that causes people to be dissatisfied.

Rob

OP
OP
G

green56

Carb

Rob My problem is i have a choke problem I had 3 different people look at it and they all seem not to get it adjusted right when the car is warmed up and you stop at a stop light and take off it wants to choke out then you press down on gas pedel then it will go and this has been like this sense i got the carb back from being rebulit it seems like a dead spot any help I would be happy

robert campbell

I will be running around all today, but tomorrow will be available by phone. (360) 377-5164. Maybe we can talk you through some of this. I need lots of information on current settings, timing, and stuff. I talk way faster than I type!!!

Do you have a first name?

Rob

OP
OP
G

green56

Carb

Name is Tom Fletcher From WIsconsin just don't hold that againest me just joking I might not get at it until Wed or Thur Will have to get back to you on one of those days If you want to get hold of me you could Email me at blunite 56@att.net Rob were i had it rebuilt they put it on a test stand and did all the ajustring just had to fine tune the carb

Last edited:

robert campbell

Tom,
So many things going on when you dial a car in. Distributor timing and cam timing. Air leaks. Engine vacuum. Vacuum advance. Relationship of the throttle opening to align properly on the transfer slots of the throttle plate, that allow the air screws to work. Blah blah blah and so on. This will be fun over the wire, but so easy in my garage. I bet I can dial that car in quickly in person. When you get the time I need lots of data points on your engine.

Rob