• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale For Sale on Coparts site

rvrtrash

race car Inline-six?!!!!! i want!!! haha

Actually, back in the early 70's, if memory serves, there was a drag racer, Chi Chi Rodriguez I believe, that ran a 300 c.i. 6 cyl with a custom head made from 4V Cleveland heads.

Steve

gt/csj4

Actually, back in the early 70's, if memory serves, there was a drag racer, Chi Chi Rodriguez I believe, that ran a 300 c.i. 6 cyl with a custom head made from 4V Cleveland heads.

Steve

Ya i have heard of the Windsor head swap mod on several occasions, and some sort of four barrel conversion from Australian inlines that some have done (not sure on specifics) but nonetheless, I still feel having a six banger in a mustang feels sacrilegious. I'm all about guys who restore their Mustangs that came with em from the factory, but just doesn't hold the same value as aV8. Rare or not.

Mustanglvr

Ya i have heard of the Windsor head swap mod on several occasions, and some sort of four barrel conversion from Australian inlines that some have done (not sure on specifics) but nonetheless, I still feel having a six banger in a mustang feels sacrilegious. I'm all about guys who restore their Mustangs that came with em from the factory, but just doesn't hold the same value as aV8. Rare or not.

Fords original target market for the Mustang were women. Women who wanted good gas mileage driving to work in their Mustang. I do agree putting anything less than a V8 in a California Special is sacriligious, but only because the car, with it's extra aerodynamic componants looks so damned fast. :wink:

TexAg

There's a whole cult following of the 6. In fact, I rebuilt a '66 coupe following some of these guys advise, and it hauled the mail! While I do agree that "there is no replacement for displacement", don't under estimate the little guys.

http://www.fordsix.com/