• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 GT center cap red paint touch-up

speedy02

Al Page's car had the GT option and it had a GT gas cap on it.
From the last AD I have on his car it had the normal flip gas cap.

1718133009686.png

speedy02

Also, the green 390 GT in CA for sale has the normal flip gas cap as well.

1718133704965.png

Mosesatm

According to Marty GT/CS and HCS cars with the GT package included the GT gas cap and hub caps.

speedy02

Mike Jewells old car.

Please verify that this is AL's car I have it in the registry as so.

@Goldie666 I would paint both back to red. I don't think if you wanted to have the car judged they would deduct points for either flip gas caps.

It is interesting to see on a window sticker has POP-OPEN Gas Cap under the GT/CS package and not the GT Equipment Group. Would be interesting to see a build sheet to see how it is shown on there.

1718142229532.png

stangfan

Mike Jewells old car.

Please verify that this is AL's car I have it in the registry as so.

@Goldie666 I would paint both back to red. I don't think if you wanted to have the car judged they would deduct points for either flip gas caps.

It is interesting to see on a window sticker has POP-OPEN Gas Cap under the GT/CS package and not the GT Equipment Group. Would be interesting to see a build sheet to see how it is shown on there.

View attachment 56891
Yes, that is Al's car. It has been through two owner since he passed. First in Washington and then Oregon. Changes have been made. One of the giveaways is that his was 1 of 1 on the headrests.

Goldie666

Thank you all for great comments. Will source some suitable paint and will go with red , as they should be. Perhaps cleaning up old paint will reveal red underneath.
Andy