• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS for sale

rananim

Lime green Special for sale. I currently have it registered to be auctioned on February 25 in Palm Springs. Excellent restoration of black plate California car. Too many things to list here. For photo, check www.classic-carauction.com, click "for buyers", "our catalogue" then the "view online" link below the brochure. I will add more photos and info soon.

Last edited:

Larry T

Can you send me more details/photos about the car?

Hello, not much info about the car on the website. If possible please send me more info on the car and what options it has, also if you want to PM me the price you are looking for.

Mustanglvr

Can`t find the info on the car. Post the link to the actual page its on please.

OP
OP
R

rananim

link

I tried to exact page link with no luck (error report). If you follow directions given above, it should direct to the right to it if you select "Ford" from the drop down menu. Good luck.
I will try to add more info today.

OP
OP
R

rananim

8R01C142082
I wrote a long post describing the car, but it did not get posted for some reason. If you send me a regular email address, I will gladly attach the info. I also put three photos in a new gallery.
My email address is svensd@usa.net

Raaaaay

I am new to the forum, but it seems to me if a posting is made in the classifieds as a "for sale" shouldnt an asking price be indicated.

So...what is your current asking price

OP
OP
R

rananim

The car is for sale, obviously, if I am putting it up for auction. Since it is a bidding process, the price will be established by the highest bidder. I have a minimum ("reserve") price in mind, and that will come out at the auction. I have found that sellers do not advertise that reserve in advance, for varying reasons. The bottom line is that the car is worth what someone is willing to pay.

My reason for posting it in the classifieds is to advertise it to people who are most likely to be interested, not only because they might want to make an offer, but many readers here are intensely interested in what these cars are worth and if there is an upward trend. All you have to do is read the postings directing us to "GT/CS For Sale" ads, and the tremendous response that was generated by the BJ auction last year. I believe that the $53,000 the Seafoam CS sold for was an anomally (sic?), and I don't expect that for my car. Someone just has to want it more than I do. I will report back what the highest bid was and if it sold. A number of people have written to ask what I would sell it to them for, circumventing the auction, but I am obligated to the auction company until two weeks after it is over, by contract.

I added a couple more photos of engine compartment.

CALIF GIRL

This auction also has a seperate car show, it is this weekend. I will be there with my fresh out of the shop car. Anyone else planning on going?