• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS For Sale

GTCS95616

I have gotten to the point where I have decided to sell my GT/CS project. This the second one that I have owned and I have found that I just cannot find the time to work on it. The first one I had for a number of years and ended up selling it to someone that wanted it for a father and son project (which ended up on this website after they completed it. I believe their last name is Cardwell).

I have a 1968 Mustang California Special project car. Last run and driven a couple of years ago. Rust free and has only very minor dents. Much of the trim has been removed for paint preparation. Back portion of interior has been removed for paint preparation and interior re-upholstery. Have all trim parts that have been removed - original or new NOS.

Fog lights are Lucas, but at not original GT/CS units

289 engine (originally a “C” code engine), C-4 transmission, Holley 4 barrel carb., Edelbrock dual plane intake, Pertronix electronic ignition and dual exhaust. Original factory A/C car, but all components forward of firewall have been removed. According to previous owner: engine was rebuilt some time in the past and a RV style cam was installed, drum brakes have about 20k miles on them, transmission was rebuilt about 10-15k miles ago and the front-end was rebuilt (ball joints etc look like they have been recently replaced, so I think it was done around 10-15k miles ago too). Power steering ram leaks. Originally aqua blue exterior with white vinyl top and two-tone blue interior.

Have the following new parts and supplies ready for use:
1) complete kit to fully re-upholster interior-seats, carpet, door panels (rain guards-treated paper liners) and mounting hardware, headliner, window lace, dash arm rests (all black)
2) power steering ram rebuild kit
3) vinyl top kit (black)
4) Dupont Chroma series paint supplies (two stage color coat/clear coat) dark metallic blue about 2.5 gallons of basecoat and 3 gallons of clear coat with catalyst. I can dig up the Dupont code for the base coat if you want.
5) Front windshield and rear window seals.
6) Upper and lower hinges for driver and passenger doors.
7) Stripe kit (white)
8) Tail light lens are new.
9) Interior rear view mirror

I paid $8,000 for the car about 5 years ago and have not driven it and have accumulated over $2,000 in new parts and supplies while disassembling the car for restoration work. I have some picture that I can send upon request. The car is located in Davis, California. You send me an email at nakagiri@aol.com

Attachments

• Sep14#01.jpg
    Sep14#01.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 31
  • Sep14#08.jpg
    Sep14#08.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Sep14#07.jpg
    Sep14#07.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Sep14#06.jpg
    Sep14#06.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Sep14#05.jpg
    Sep14#05.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Sep14#04.jpg
    Sep14#04.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Sep14#03.jpg
    Sep14#03.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Sep14#02.jpg
    Sep14#02.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Mosesatm

Originally aqua blue exterior with white vinyl top....[Snip]

Have the following new parts and supplies ready for use:
Dupont Chroma series paint supplies (two stage color coat/clear coat) dark metallic blue

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggg!!!!!!!!!!! :frust: :frust: :frust: :frust: :frust: :frust: :frust: :frust:

OP
OP
G

GTCS95616

VIN: 8R01C156157

Price: I taking offers at this time.

Pictures: I posted some of the current pictures above with the original posting and here are some pictures of the car before disassembling it (just so you can see that it started off as a complete car).

Ok, since the car isn't painted yet, and if you would like a different color base coat, the Dupont Chroma series paint offers many colors, but it is the clear coat & catalyst that is usually the most expensive component.

Attachments

• Interior 2.jpg
    Interior 2.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Interior 1.jpg
    Interior 1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Exterior 5.jpg
    Exterior 5.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Exterior 4.jpg
    Exterior 4.jpg