• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted GTCS deck lid

Ruppstang

We are in need of a useable original GTCS deck lid for our 68 HCS.
PM Ruppstang - Marty if you can help.

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

I got unbelievably lucky today. I went to Omaha today to work on a friends 67 fastback and happened to mention that the deck lid on our HCS was not worth fixing. He said I think I have one out in the shed. Sure enough it was there. A deal was made and I brought it home tonight. It truly is better to be lucky than good. I found a deck lid when I was not even looking 30 miles from my home.
Thanks to all here that looked and helped find one for us. The folks here are just the best!
Marty

somethingspecial

It doesn't suprise me GOOD KARMA came your way. Sorry I wasn't able to call you back today. With your good luck news, can I take it I can put this one back in the shed? Mike.
ps. Did your friend happen to mention where he aqured the deck lid, like, was the car scrapped or rebuilt with other parts. Just curious.

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

It doesn't suprise me GOOD KARMA came your way. Sorry I wasn't able to call you back today. With your good luck news, can I take it I can put this one back in the shed? Mike.
ps. Did your friend happen to mention where he aqured the deck lid, like, was the car scrapped or rebuilt with other parts. Just curious.

I won't need it this time but I won't forget you have it.
I did not ask him where he got it. I will next time I see him. It has original Wimbledon white paint and trunk seal. It must have been a early take off.
Marty