• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

"lol" help

coloradoHCS

OK I should probably know this but I don't, so please don't laugh too hard.

What does "lol" at the end of some posts mean? Is it a code, are there others I should know about?

This has been driving me nuts for months and I figured I had better ask while I am still a newbie and at least have some excuse, thanks, Mark.

hookedtrout

[quote author=ColoradoHCS link=board=4;threadid=1700;start=0#msg10644 date=1116523492]
OK I should probably know this but I don't, so please don't laugh too hard.

What does "lol" at the end of some posts mean? Is it a code, are there others I should know about?

This has been driving me nuts for months and I figured I had better ask while I am still a newbie and at least have some excuse, thanks, Mark.
[/quote]

LOL!!!!

Ok I'm just laughing with you not at you. Took me quite awhile to figure all this talk out as well. If you have a teenager with a cell phone around just ask them they know'em all and then some I'm sure. If you give them one and they give you a deer in the headlight look, it's not one you want to know so just move on.

Hook

OP
OP
C

coloradoHCS

Thanks for the dictionary! If I had asked my teenage son then I would have had to admit he does know some things that I don't and at 13 that could be dangerous ...for me, Mark.

hookedtrout

[quote author=ColoradoHCS link=board=4;threadid=1700;start=0#msg10655 date=1116531672]
asked my teenage son then I would have had to admit he does know some things that I don't and at 13 that could be dangerous ...for me, Mark.
[/quote]

ROFLMAO ;D There's a new one for you to look up.

Hook

case12

Yikes....now I know my teenagers were cursing in code on my computer. Their secret is in the open.

Is there a web site for cracking code on the lady's talk - M28 mentioned it as Standing Operating procedure 003-07-05A? :)

BTW - when would anyone ever do this?:

ROFLHOLCBF
Rolling On the Floor Laughing Hysterically Out Loud Collecting Bird Feathers

bbeatty

[quote author=case12

ROFLHOLCBF

Well, oddly enough....

If Boa feathers count then BTDTGTTS :p ;D :p

(Been there, done that, got the T shirt)

But that's a story for another day!

hookedtrout

[quote author=case12 link=board=4;threadid=1700;start=0#msg10669 date=1116599130]
Yikes....now I know my teenagers were cursing in code on my computer. Their secret is in the open.

Is there a web site for cracking code on the lady's talk - M28 mentioned it as Standing Operating procedure 003-07-05A? :)

ROFLHOLCBF
[/quote]

Oh but sir I do this quite regularly. Bird Feathers are ever so important in my first hobby of fly fishing. My fly tying shop has so many feathers on the floor it is a must that occassionally at my wifes request I roll on the floor laughing and pick the dang things up cuzzzz if I roll on the floor cussing while picking the dang things up an arse I become.

Hook