• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Fog Light Wiring at the Rad Support Help Request

BlueOvalFan

Hey Folks, I’m the proud owner of a ‘68 GT/CS for a few years now. It’s in superb condition but still an old gal that needs some TLC at times.

I recently replaced the engine bay wire harness due to old wires and cracked insulation. While replacing the loom I noticed my fog light wiring was butchered at the connectors so I’m looking for some help. Can someone please post what a correct OE circuit run looks like from the light to the loom connection.
Heres what I have, and the below what I think I need:

Bad Wires:
IMG_2563.jpeg

New Repop ~ is this the correct setup…?
IMG_1609.jpeg
IMG_2564.jpeg

Last edited:

speedy02

This is from PN 2011 book on the Lucas lights. For your reproduction wire does the vendors provide details on what Lucas light this is for? The small black rubber grommet would be correct for original ENGLAND lights. This would not work for the service replacement lights. They have a much large gray grommet.

Take a picture of where the wire enters your lights.

Attachments

• IMG_2529.jpeg
    IMG_2529.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 26

franklinair

Assuming you have Lucas lights, take a look at NPD's harnesses and see if they are what you need:
P/N 15A211-5B, $26.07
P/N 15A211-7B, $32.50
Hope this helps.

Neil

OP
OP
BlueOvalFan

BlueOvalFan

Thank you gents, very helpful...!

This is from PN 2011 book on the Lucas lights. For your reproduction wire does the vendors provide details on what Lucas light this is for? The small black rubber grommet would be correct for original ENGLAND lights. This would not work for the service replacement lights. They have a much large gray grommet.

Take a picture of where the wire enters your lights.
Thanks for the pictures, that’s what I imaged it would look like. Mine must be the replacement lights, it has the large grey grommet.

Assuming you have Lucas lights, take a look at NPD's harnesses and see if they are what you need:
P/N 15A211-5B, $26.07
P/N 15A211-7B, $32.50
Hope this helps.

Neil

Thanks Neal, seems i only need P/N 15A211-7B. Think I’ll pop the lens off and check the terminals too. I’ll have to look at the NPD site a little better for the bullet connector.

IMG_2576.jpeg
IMG_2577.jpeg

Mosesatm

Your lights are replacements, but they are also driving lights instead of fog lights.

speedy02

@BlueOvalFan Yes, that is the main reason I was asking I knew NPD had the Alloy wire but never seen it sold with the bullet connector. Thank you