• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Looking for an old friend

miatamike1991

I just stumbled across this site. My first car, when I was in high school back 1973-1975, was a California Special. I've always wondered whatever happened to that car. Where would be the best place to pose a query asking if anyone on this site may know about it. I bought and sold it in So. California and it was unique as it had a 289 Cobra engine in it. It also had Monroe air shocks in the rear that lifted the tail end way up. Out of the 30 or so cars I've had since then, I miss that one the most.
If you know of this car, it was a royal blue, by the way (not the stock color), email me at miatamike@sbcglobal.net

hookedtrout

Mike, if you have any old records that may have the vin# it would be pretty easy to see if anyone here has your old car.

Midnight Special

.....Yes, specifically old registration slips or photos...

P.S. I still have mine from the S-code GT/CS I had from '78 to '81. 'Found it in a box of old letters etc... ;-)

Last edited:

hookedtrout

Or if you're like me you have a drawer someplace that hasn't been looked in for years and years and then one day you dig through it and find all the envelopes full of the documentation that they give you when you buy a vehicle and you sit and remember the days when.... If you have the original purchase documents they should also have the vin. Start digging! :)