• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Measurements Needed

GTCSTexan

Hey Everyone,

First the easy question.........

Can someone measure where the mounting holes need to be drilled for the side mirrors that mount on the doors?

I got my car back from the paint shop and the mirror mounting holes are covered up, I tried looking inside the doors for the holes, but could not see them.

I'ts nerve racking drilling through new paint so I'd like measurements just to be on the safe side.

Now the tough question.......

Does anyone have a template or measurements for the "California Special" script placement on rear quarters?

Again, the holes were filled and I can not identify them in the inside of the trunk because it was painted too.

Thanks for the help.

somethingspecial

Before you start drilling, check with the body shop and find out how they filled the holes. A lot of shops weld the holes up. My mirror holes were welded and when I went to drill out the holes, the weld was extremely hard and the drill walked. Luckily I was able to recover and get the holes in the right spot.

Mike

robert campbell

Mike is correct!! You need to find out if they were welded. At the same time, there is "wrinkle finish" undercoat on the inside of the quarter. Is it still there? If they welded them they would have had to spray more on. I cannot believe any reputable shop would weld these up. They must know that they are holes for a "script" of some kind. Do you have the holes for the Mustang script on the trunk and fenders?

Wow!!! If worse comes to worse we can template a car with some stiff paper and send it to you. More information!!

Rob

OP
OP
GTCSTexan

GTCSTexan

The holes are not welded, just filled over with body filler.

I've got the trunk holes, but not the fenders. I had to replace the drivers side fender and went with an orig 68 (non-GTCS) fender, so I told him to fill all the holes and I would re-drill.

My hopes after acquiring all the measurements is to post the dimensions in the Reference forum, so everyone will have an accurate reference. I hope to make a PDF template or something like that, which is drawn to scale and can be reporduced easily for others.

Unfortunatly right now, I dont have much to work with!! :grin:

Thanks for the help.

OP
OP
GTCSTexan

GTCSTexan