• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Mini Tach

CougarCJ

I got a preview today of the mini tachometer from Rocketman.

Looks great, he has the tachometer with double digit numbers i.e. 10, 20, ... up to 80. Font style looks the same as the mph numbers or factory Ford version tachometer. His production plans are 8000rpm tachometers only.

If you recall, the former version used single digit numbers.

CougarCJ

Finished!

M6768M.jpg

This is what the finished version looks like.

http://www.rccinnovations.com/index.php?show=menu-tach-all

Scroll down the page. Introductory price of $95 for a limited time.

390gtmustang

Arlie I would be intrested to hear you opinion on how your instalation went and how it operates in your car. I think you will like it. We are going to the Pensacola Fl. MCA national this week and Frank the owner of Tribute Automotive will be there. The mystic build 67 fast back is to make its debut and he donated a dash cluster for it so he wanted to be there. Marty

Arlie,
would like to know too

Mosesatm

It works well and looks perfectly stock. It does require an extra engine compartment wire that leads from the coil to the interior. The instructions say to run it next to the windshield wiper hose.

All in all the instructions were lacking, or I was just being dense, but a little thought and an e-mail to the vendor cleared everything up quickly.

Don't forget to change the oil sending unit or the oil light freaks out.

390gtmustang

It works well and looks perfectly stock. It does require an extra engine compartment wire that leads from the coil to the interior. The instructions say to run it next to the windshield wiper hose.

All in all the instructions were lacking, or I was just being dense, but a little thought and an e-mail to the vendor cleared everything up quickly.

Don't forget to change the oil sending unit or the oil light freaks out.

Arlie,
I have a original tach from a my 67 mustang thinking about putting on my 68 HCS . Do you think your wiring diagram/instruction will be the same?

Ruppstang

It is not the same. To use a original tach you need a tach under dash, cluster, head light and engine harnesses. It is quite expensive. It is cheeper to buy the repop kit. The original tach get it's information from the iginition wire to the coil. So if your tach gos bad your engine will stop.

Arlie glad to hear you got it working the one in the mystic mustang was working great when I drove it. Marty

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

I've installed the Aussie mini-tach in 3 Mustangs. E-Z installation, worked fine. I picked up the 12V power with a connector @ the 12V side of the IVR, Grounded on the instrument cluster, ran the signal wire through the firewall and secured it to the engine harness (Oil press, Temp sensor, Ign) to the Coil. Invisible for all practical purposes. This new model should be the same. I also like the double digit config on this new model.

Neil

BigJim

What oil sending unit do you need? Is it available with a red line?

390gtmustang

I've installed the Aussie mini-tach in 3 Mustangs. E-Z installation, worked fine. I picked up the 12V power with a connector @ the 12V side of the IVR, Grounded on the instrument cluster, ran the signal wire through the firewall and secured it to the engine harness (Oil press, Temp sensor, Ign) to the Coil. Invisible for all practical purposes. This new model should be the same. I also like the double digit config on this new model.

Neil

Neil, just got mine, looks real good. You said 12 v picked it up IVR, whats IVR?

Mosesatm

It's on the rear of the instrument cluster. It's a little metal box just above the speedometer cable input.
Using that as a power source is a great idea, just make sure you hook up to the correct side!

Attachments

• Instrument Cluster Rear.jpg
    Instrument Cluster Rear.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 38