• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Mini Tach

franklinair

What's happened to the availability of the Australian made Retro Gauge Mini Tach??
They originally showed up on E-Bay a few years ago ($88 + shipping) then appeared in MU's catalog (last price $140). Now they're not available. MU says "Discontinued".
Too bad. A nice unit mounted in the '67-68 clock's position. Reliable and easy to install. I installed them in all of my recent Mustangs, and my last one in my Highland Green C/S.

Neil:sad:

di81977

I noticed that a little while back. Read that they sometimes come up on ebay. If someone made something similar, I would be interested. I have a mini, but it is a half circle and very hard to read. Was in my HCS when I first bought it.

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

I just think it's a good marketable item, if someone had the U.S. distributership. Wouldn't make a Million $, but doable for '67 & '68's.
(Maybe the guy in Oz died or something?)

Neil

CougarCJ

The guy makes a very nice product for the standard Cougars.

Mentioning that nothing is on the market anymore, and it should be an easy thing for him to make. We make them out of clock blanks, which the customer has to supply or purchase a core.

nfrntau

p51

Just did a google search and found them @Mustangs Unlimited...

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=MMT86+01

Gosh, they're a lot more expensive than they used to be.

BTW: IMO, its one of the great additions to the '68 stang. Easy to install and, until recently, very (surprisingly) inexpensive.

Neil

Sorry. Didn't read your initial post close enough about MU. Mustangs Unlimited has discontinued them? Seems like they still have it as available in their on-line catalog (or is that just out of date?).

Best
James

robert campbell

I called MU: They said it was discontinued.

Neil

Ah heck, get a big tach!!! Since this picture the clock is now a boost guage and I put the oil and amp in a Shelby console.

Rob

DSCN3813.jpg

nates68

Rob, I have the same setup in mine, I think it looks better this way. I love the shelby console. 4-speed.

nate

Ruppstang

As dicussed in a earlier thread the factory style tach set up is available at www.tributeautomotiveproducts.com. It is more expencive than the mini tach but a lot less expensive than a original set up. It only takes about two hours to install. We put one in the MCA Mystic Mustang build and used a shelby console with the oil pressure and ameter gages. It was realy cool. Marty

Last edited:

nates68

Marty, Just had too say to bad they dont offer a 140mph speedo. That would look good with the tac. Thats wuy i went with the kit to use the auto-meter blackface. They sell a backplate to hold the gauges in.Not MCA rules but looks great.

Nate

nates68

Marty, driveshaft looks great, alot of work . Do you need to send your old speedo in to get the 140 mph?

thanks, Nate

Mosesatm

I purchased a full-size tach and fuel gauge from Tribute. Hope to install them soon.

Ruppstang

Arlie I would be intrested to hear you opinion on how your instalation went and how it operates in your car. I think you will like it. We are going to the Pensacola Fl. MCA national this week and Frank the owner of Tribute Automotive will be there. The mystic build 67 fast back is to make its debut and he donated a dash cluster for it so he wanted to be there. Marty