• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007+ new hood for my GT/CS

hotrodgrany

I was never happy with that scoop that they put on the late model GT/CS's and was thinking of changing my hood on mine, any ideas?

Mustang1

There are so many to choose from for the late model Stangs....depends on what you prefer....2.5" cowl hoods are popular...I got the KR type hood from Cervini and it is a functional air ram....air goes right into your CAI for added power. Check my gallery to get an idea of how it looks.

OP
OP
hotrodgrany

hotrodgrany

what about this one. just seeing what anyone thinks

Attachments

• viewsingle.jpg
    viewsingle.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 44

QuarterHorse

I'm partial to the Cervinis Heat Extractor Hood. It reminds me of the hoods on the '67/'68 Mustangs. So, its more like the original GT/CS hood.

Here is a photo of the '67/'68 hood:
mump_0608_05z+1967_ford_mustang+hood.jpg

Here is the Cervinis Heat Extractor hood:
viewsingle.php

GTCS07

I forget the companies name but someone makes a '68 style hood that is even closer in looks than the one above. I like the factory scoop myself and plan on making it functional plus I'm adding super snake louvers to the hood to get rid of heat. Plenty of choices out there that's for sure.

QuarterHorse

I forget the companies name but someone makes a '68 style hood that is even closer in looks than the one above. I like the factory scoop myself and plan on making it functional plus I'm adding super snake louvers to the hood to get rid of heat. Plenty of choices out there that's for sure.

That sounds interesting. What are you planning to do to make the factory scoop functional?

GTCS07

I'm still working out the details. I want to make a ram-air to the filter from the scoop and make sure water getting in doesn't go everywhere. Same with the super snake louvers. If it's too much work I'll just wait and get a KR hood or a '67 GT500 style instead.

rvrtrash

I'm still working out the details. I want to make a ram-air to the filter from the scoop and make sure water getting in doesn't go everywhere.

Create a low point in front of the filter with a small hose draining the water to the bottom of the car behind the radiator.

Steve

GTCS07

Thanks Steve, I know how to drain the water that gets in, I meant I just had to measure where to put the tubing from the scoop under the hood to the filter so it doesn't hit anything and flows well. Also where I want to cut in and mount the louvers. I want to keep it clean as much as possible as well as get the air in and out.
DSC00171.jpg

CB2L

MRT Performance is the company you're thinking of. They make a '68 hood for the s197 that's pretty damn badass:

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-3989196333214_2040_675249

http://mrt-direct.com/concept/IMG_1915.JPG

turn signals and all :)

clubpro

Don't for get about me. R & R Classics has all of your late model parts at cost + 10%. Below is the KR hood that is available to those interested at $485 plus shipping. Just send me a pm if you are interested. This is a great looking hood.

Cheers,

Ron

Attachments

• BOD-058-103.jpg
    BOD-058-103.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 37

GTCS07

Yup, that's the hood I was thinking of. Looks great on a Bullitt. I took off my hood liner and measured and then went over to Tasca Ford to the Shelby mod shop and looked at some Super Snake hoods and decided the louvers would be too much work to try and make work in my stock hood. The hood is too close to the engine when closed. The scoop can be opened up but ductwork to the filter would be too small to be effective in my opinion. I'm thinking a replacement down the road will be what I'll end up doing.

CB2L

i'm a big fan of that MRT '68 hood...

but i'm thinking about the saleen super shaker sometime later, and that wouldn't work...

guh. decisions, decisions.

GTCS07

I have MRT's sequential tail light harness. They make some nice stuff. I met a guy at a show last year that had that '68 style hood. I thought the quality was very nice. Having the working turn signals in it was the best part. I like the red butterflys in Saleen's shaker but don't like all the hoses that come off it.