• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Newbie here

Hoop69Mach1

Hello all, as I am new to this forum, I hope you forgive me if I seem unaware of the California Special & GT differences. I am a mustang owner though I have a 69 Mach1.

Anyhow, I've spotted this California Special, described as a GT with a 289. I do not have the vin # yet, but will soon see it this weekend and perhaps obtain the numbers. My question maybe redundant based on some earlier posts, but was this just a regular Mustang, with California Special cosmetics or a California Special GT. I apologize as I am slightly confused with it being a Calif Special or California Special GT.

Thank you so much.

Mosesatm

A true GT does not have a 289. The "GT" in GT/CS does not mean the car is a GT. Some GT GT/CSs were built but they are rare.

PFSlim

Hoop

Welcome to the site. There are a couple of good resources at your disposal. First and foremost, the folks at this site can provide more insight that you can ever dream of.

Second, I urge you to look to your left of the screen and look at the History and Indentification sections. It provides you with a lot of knowledge.

Lastly, Paul N. is on this site quite often. Paul wrote the book on the GT/CS. Copies can be purchased on ebay or sometimes from members of this site.

The California Special and the High Country Special were special cars. Built from coup's, they have many of the extra's offered on Shelby's. Decklid, rear quarter end caps, side scoops, blacked out grill, hood pins, fog lights, stripe, and a few others.

However, look at another post, using above all, to tell you if your cal spec is a GT or not. Some were, most were not.

Take a tour of the gallery on this site as well. You will see some fine cars by owners on this site.

Paul