• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Nice 68 on eBay

68MustangHCS

Disregard..I deleted this site, it takes you to ebay then off to somewhere else where it trys to get your password. Sorry..I almost fell for it...my bad

Last edited:

390cs68rcode

do not link to those kind of auctions they are scams. Let me guess the hot chicks in the small pic. please take down the link. look at where the link above ends up.

68gt390

Steve;
Couldn't get your link to work. It brought up the car for a short time then took me to the login page for ebay. Initially my ebay toolbar account guard was working then when it switched pages it disappeared. Be careful about logging in if it changes your page on you.

Don

390cs68rcode

68gt390 said:
Steve;
Couldn't get your link to work. It brought up the car for a short time then took me to the login page for ebay. Initially my ebay toolbar account guard was working then when it switched pages it disappeared. Be careful about logging in if it changes your page on you.

Don

the link takes you to a scam website. type in your ebay stuff and your ebay account will be highjacked.

68gt390

Jason;
I figured that as soon as the page switched and my ebay toolbar account guard light went out. I said nope not going there.

Don

p51

Be wery wery careful...

Along with the normal Shelby-GT500-buy-it-now-for-$6000 ads on ebay I've noticed over the last couple of days a number of phishing schemes as well. Yesterday there was a 68 stang ad with the girl in the bikini (mentioned above) that asked for you to enter ebay info and today there was an that when you clicked on a picture tried to modify your Microsoft Outlook. Fortunately, it appears these ads are getting pulled pretty quickly. I've gotten where I tend not to look at recently posted ebay ads although I'm still incapable of not clicking on a picture of a girl in a bikini... :icon_ecst

Also, I'm constantly getting emails @ my university email account requesting updated info on my ebay or paypal accounts. Just FYI (if you werent aware) those type emails should be completely ignored.

Mosesatm

One of those got me the other day. It was pretty good, too.

An email said that my PayPal account was charged for an eBay purchase. It looked exactly like all my other PayPal receipts but I knew I hadn't recently purchased anything on eBay.

I studied the e-mail for a long time and decided to click into the PayPal link on the e-mail. I then clicked on the eBay auction and saw that when PayPal said I bought was not what the auction was for. Oops. I immediately went into the real PayPal site and changed my password.

A few days later PayPal locked the account because someone tried to sign in as me using the old password.

Be warned; all the screens looked EXACTLY like the real PayPal screens. These crooks are getting better all the time.

BroadwayBlue

Those emails are all scams.
If you think something is wrong with your account, pick up the phone and call customer service.

Always check the website they are sending you too it's guaranteed it's not what you think it is. The link in the email will look legit but realize where they are taking you is different - look closely.

And NEVER enter any log in for a secure site or Credit Card info if the site is not secure. It should start with https:// not http://
Also in Internet Explorer you should see the little lock on the bottom of youir screen - if it's not there the info you're sending is not secure.
I forget the icon for Netscape or other browsers.

Also - if they are asking you to log in and you still think it's legit ... make up an id and password or credit card number ... guaranteed it will let you in anyway. That's another dead giveaway.

Rich