• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

NOS Lucas Fog Lights

franklinair

Anyone seen the fog lights advertised on E-Bay? Are they the real deal? I'm not familiar enough to know.

Neil

GT/CS S Code

Part number?

Well, the part number on the box in the photo appears to be ....

C8ZZ-10200-D

Anyone know what that decodes to be?

The GT C/S specific parts list on this site shows C8WZ-15L203-A for the Lucas fog light part number?

Hopefully someone out there has a decoding book or program to find out what these ones really are.

Cheers,

GT/CS S Code

Mosesatm

Link to Lucas NOS Fog Lights on eBay

We don't have enough information to tell but I would feel more comfortable with them if they had small black O-rings instead of the big gray, cone-shaped wire plugs. We need to know what the verbiage says at the bottom of the lenses. It can be England, Made in England, or Foreign Glass. It also depends on whether or not the lenses have a little circle on them with the letter "E" or "A" in it (they should not).

This pair looks exactly like the units Hooper (anyone remember his exact handle?) makes. His cost around $350. It'll be interesting to see how high these go.

Attached is a picture showing the different wire plugs.

Attachments

• Housings DSCN3981.JPG
    Housings DSCN3981.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

rvrtrash

After checking a number of possibilities, I came up with C8ZZ-15200-D which is the number for a Lucas Lamp for a '68 GT/CS or 68-70 GT350/500. The box is the real thing if nothing else.

Steve

Mosesatm

After checking a number of possibilities, I came up with C8ZZ-15200-D which is the number for a Lucas Lamp for a '68 GT/CS or 68-70 GT350/500. The box is the real thing if nothing else.

Steve

That's great! The great Lucas light mystery may finally be solved in that it's OK to have lights with gray cone-shaped plugs.

Steve, do you know if there is any way to tell if the number is for a replacement part or an original part?

I asked the seller about the verbiage on the bottom of the lenses.

rvrtrash

Steve, do you know if there is any way to tell if the number is for a replacement part or an original part?

My book is the '75 edition and it doesn't list the part as a replacement. I've seen some parts specifically called out as replacements and they tend to have later numbers, like D1 for a replacement D0 part but other than that, I couldn't guarantee it. There is a C8ZZ-15200-A fog light, but the description is "mounted in grill, clear lens". This could either be the GT light or possibly the Marchal. The only other listings under 15200 are '65 numbers that are universal bumper mount.

Steve

Mosesatm

The seller says that the lenses have "Foreign Glass" on them. Most people looking for 100% correct Lucas lights for a GT/CS or Shelby will not want those lenses.

390cs68rcode

the seller is a stand up guy and is on the Shelby forum. The lights are what they are (99.99% of everybody would NEVER know the difference in these to the other more correct type).

If I needed a pair I would buy these (I already have a few sets of these in this condition).

Mosesatm

the seller is a stand up guy and is on the Shelby forum. The lights are what they are (99.99% of everybody would NEVER know the difference in these to the other more correct type).

If I needed a pair I would buy these (I already have a few sets of these in this condition).

I would rate his standupishness higher if he would post my question and his answer on his auction. Not doing so could make some less trusting people wonder if he's hiding something.

390cs68rcode

I would rate his standupishness higher if he would post my question and his answer on his auction. Not doing so could make some less trusting people wonder if he's hiding something.

just so you know I am not vouching for his knowledge just that he has been around a long time and someone will not "taken" by this guy. You will get what is pictured.

Mosesatm

just so you know I am not vouching for his knowledge just that he has been around a long time and someone will not "taken" by this guy. You will get what is pictured.

Agreed.

It's possible he doesn't know what "Foreign Glass" means on Lucas lights.

HappyHour

Resurrecting a thread...

I understood that the FT8 are correct for CS and the LR8 are not? There is a set that have FT\LR8 stamped on the housing with the grey plug (black circle is preferred).

Besides checking for square\round posts (these have none) Im hoping to get a picture of the lense to if it says "Made In England" or "Foreign Glass" etc. If I dont bite this round Ill know next time.

So intro CS question:...How do you tell the the difference between the Lucas driving light and the fog? Is it like Ruffles? The ridges?

Also should this thread be moved to "Restoration" section...there is great info on Marchal but the Lucas archive is anemic? Not sure I wanna jump it over..

Next time Im in Paris or London Im going junkyard diving!

Thanks Robert

Attachments

• 0a0d_1[1].jpg
    0a0d_1[1].jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Mosesatm

Fog light on the left side of the picture. Driving light on the right side.

Attachments

• Lens Types.jpg
    Lens Types.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 37

Mosesatm

Okay thanks Arlie! And the FT8 is full ribbed (fog) and the LR8 is middle ribbed(driving). Got it!

I was going to describe them that way but I'm no longer allowed to use the word "ribbed" on this site.:icon_ecst

wally05

Umm... I have a set of LR8 that I just bought that look identical to my current fogs and have the full ribbed front... I'm going to be PI**** off if these are not right.

hoop

Link to Lucas NOS Fog Lights on eBay

We don't have enough information to tell but I would feel more comfortable with them if they had small black O-rings instead of the big gray, cone-shaped wire plugs. We need to know what the verbiage says at the bottom of the lenses. It can be England, Made in England, or Foreign Glass. It also depends on whether or not the lenses have a little circle on them with the letter "E" or "A" in it (they should not).

This pair looks exactly like the units Hooper (anyone remember his exact handle?) makes. His cost around $350. It'll be interesting to see how high these go.

Attached is a picture showing the different wire plugs.

Hello All,

We still sell the lamps on ebay. We have both fog and spot/long range type.LINK

Ours have the grey cone shaped wiring plug and the round mount.

Just to clarify a couple of things asked in this thread.

"LR8/FT8" is stamped on most shells as it's only the lens that makes the difference.

"Foreign Glass" was put on the lens after Lucas outsourced the glass production to France, the rest of the lamp was made in UK.

Mosesatm

Hello All,

We still sell the lamps on ebay. We have both fog and spot/long range type.LINK

Ours have the grey cone shaped wiring plug and the round mount.

Just to clarify a couple of things asked in this thread.

"LR8/FT8" is stamped on most shells as it's only the lens that makes the difference.

"Foreign Glass" was put on the lens after Lucas outsourced the glass production to France, the rest of the lamp was made in UK.

Do you happen to know when the lens production was outsourced to France?