• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Not specifically CS related... X codes...

NosAvrenim

A -X code could not be a GT in 68 all GTs had to have a 4V engine. Marty

On the X-code registry alone, there are 7 that claim to be true GTs. There is a separate total of 6 GT/CS cars. Of those six, I know that two are not true GTs (one is mine and the other is the close twin of mine - another 1 of 1).

So at least based on that, there seems to be a case that a few X-codes were indeed GTs. Haven't seen the Martis for them, however. I can send across the VINs if anyone really wants to investigate further.

~Nate

deestix

X-code was certainly available with GT pkg

Hello All,

I've posted on this topic before, and will state it again: I own a GT/CS with the X-code engine. My Marti report (attached) clearly states that my car left the factory with the GT package. I've owned this car for about 8 years, and it's fairly original, with some refurbishment of paint and mechanicals. All the GT equipment is in place. BTW, my car also has factory air.

X-code engined-cars certainly had the option of the GT package available to them.

deestix (Richard R.)

Attachments

• Marti report c.jpg
    Marti report c.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 30