• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Number of viewers

luisa2552

What happened that caused a huge increase in viewers to the site- 145 just now when I logged in! Did I miss something important about our cars??

Midnight Special

luisa2552 said:
What happened that caused a huge increase in viewers to the site- 145 just now when I logged in! Did I miss something important about our cars??

..404 right now... No earth shattering posts tho. 'Feel like we're in a giant fish bowl all of a sudden ;-) 'Likely spammers....

Last edited:

p51

Re: Most users ever online was 488, Today at 04:16 PM.

So, does anyone have a clue about what happened between ~3p and ~5pm (Pacific time. Correct?). That would be between ~6pm and ~8pm (Eastern time). Was there a TV auction going on, maybe?

marie68csmustangs

I don't know what was going on at all today.. Maybe some post Halloween thing or something.. Busy at work too.. It's seems worse durning the Fall Months..

Rain today in CA.. I imagine that had something to do with it...

Mustanglvr

There have been a few jumps in viewers in the last month, but nothing like this many. Maybe its because of the ever increasing popularity of the 07 GT/CS?

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Usually a jump like that in guests without a corresponding jump in members or posts means it's just search engines. Google, Yahoo, MSN and others all send out automated robots to update their databases. These will show up as guests even though they're not actual people. If a few hit the site at the same time it can really skew the numbers.