• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 one special 68

retroman99

Well it has been a long road but it is finally all together minus the center console which has been a challenge but should not be long now. I haven't road tested it yet. the old saying ya it sure looks pretty but does it run? have a few finer tweaks to do going to take it to somebody who knows what they are doing. but I do feel good about the way she looks. I truly feel like this is 1SPCL68

Attachments

• Copy of DSCF1904.jpg
    Copy of DSCF1904.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Copy of DSCF1887.jpg
    Copy of DSCF1887.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Copy of DSCF1898.jpg
    Copy of DSCF1898.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Copy of DSCF1899.jpg
    Copy of DSCF1899.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Copy of DSCF1890.jpg
    Copy of DSCF1890.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Copy of DSCF1896.jpg
    Copy of DSCF1896.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Copy of DSCF1895.jpg
    Copy of DSCF1895.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 78

gtcs1

Wow !!! Very nice work. Well done. I like the spcl plate...

franklinair

Beeeutiful ! Nice job. If I can help with the console, give me a shout.
Here's one I did in Black.

Neil

Attachments

• IMG_0261.JPG
    IMG_0261.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 31

Ruppstang

Nice attention to detail. Acapulco Blue is my favorite color on a Mustang.
Enjoy!

sam

You've done a wonderful job! I'm sure she'll run fine and turn a few heads ! Enjoy.

mbsf1970

If imitation is the best form of flattery, I was wondering if you would be ok with me using your license plate idea for my own car?? or some form of it?

Stephen

admin

Staff member
Administrator
It looks great! Acapulco Blue was the color of my very first car and still holds a special spot in my heart.

Good luck with the road test!

CougarCJ

Very nice, mine will look exactly the same but with black interior. :smile:

OP
OP
R

retroman99

If imitation is the best form of flattery, I was wondering if you would be ok with me using your license plate idea for my own car?? or some form of it?

Stephen

be my guest it wasn't my first choice but the others were already taken this one seemed appropriate for this car.

OP
OP
R

retroman99

Beeeutiful ! Nice job. If I can help with the console, give me a shout.
Here's one I did in Black.

Neil

thanks Neil you've been a big help already. appreciate all the help on some of the questions I've had over the years. I have all the parts the hardest part to find was the 2 wires that run under the carpet from the fuse box to the actual harness for the shifter and courtesy. ended up finding them used. cant seem to find a light blue pad or base so I'm going to paint/dye the black one I have.

OP
OP
R

retroman99

Very nice!
Got any "before" pics?

Here are a few before pictures. It all started when I decided to drop the rear end and detail it. When I put it back in the car it became very clear that the rest of the car needed to get done. I striped the car down to a shell tried to put it back as close to original as I could. I added factory disc brakes and a 4V intake and carb. all new brake lines fuel lines and wiring. rebuilt everything else. It was a lot of fun and I learned a ton as this was the first project like this I have undertaken.

Attachments

• Copy of DSC_6457.jpg
    Copy of DSC_6457.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_6416 - Copy.jpg
    DSC_6416 - Copy.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_6458 - Copy.jpg
    DSC_6458 - Copy.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
R

retroman99

It turned out awesome! Beautiful car. It's time to get that one out on the road.

Craig

Craig thanks for all your help everytime I look at this car I can believe how nice a job those guys did on the body and paint. headed to AZ this weekend to drop daughter off at ASU may give you a call and check out that sea foam green GT/CS of yours