• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Pics of my Lucky Break

Nitro Dan

Near as I can tell, everything looks orginal, and there are no cracks in the dash. I'm doing the brakes, master/brake booster, major tune up, tires and wheels, changing all fluids. Then it's off to the body shop for perfection. (minor scrapes and scratches) I may do some exhaust work as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!:grin:

Dan

Attachments

• pony.JPG
    pony.JPG
    213.2 KB · Views: 73
  • pass.JPG
    pass.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 57
  • driver.JPG
    driver.JPG
    187.5 KB · Views: 96
  • rear.JPG
    rear.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 62
  • side.JPG
    side.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 61
  • under.JPG
    under.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 74

BroadwayBlue

Good luck with it!!!

Interesting - the grill looks original based on color and seemes to have the brackets. But they put the horse on it.

I've never seen that type of a/c before. Is that aftermarket or dealer installed? Does anyone know?

I have a dealer installed unit but it's just over the hump not across the whole dash.

Mustanger

Eureka!!! ...

... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!:grin:

Dan

Looks like you struck gold!!

Maybe you ought to check/recharge the ac as needed, and take off the horse from the grill, but hey, it's like many of us here like to say,"It's your car, do what you want with it" ... I say drive it and have fun with it!!! ...

C160223

Nice car Nitro.

I've never seen that type of a/c before. Is that aftermarket or dealer installed? Does anyone know?

the A/C is a original Ford dealer add-on. They came in 2 styles. The short wider one that mounts above the hump and the slim style that mounts across the dash shown in the pictures. They both come in either camera case finish or woodgrain finsih on the front...

OP
OP
N

Nitro Dan

Looks like you struck gold!!

Maybe you ought to check/recharge the ac as needed, and take off the horse from the grill, but hey, it's like many of us here like to say,"It's your car, do what you want with it" ... I say drive it and have fun with it!!! ...

Thanks! The A/C is up to par. I will need to find some R-12 as I really don't want to retro fit it. I don't have a problem removing the horse, I'll send him out to pasture...:grin: I don't understand why it's only a single exhaust though...:eek:

BroadwayBlue

Nice car Nitro.

the A/C is a original Ford dealer add-on. They came in 2 styles. The short wider one that mounts above the hump and the slim style that mounts across the dash shown in the pictures. They both come in either camera case finish or woodgrain finsih on the front...

Thanks for the info. I don't recall seeing the longer style. I have only seen the shorter style I have.

Good Luck Nitro!!

P

PNewitt

Hey! What a cool find! Congrats!

That type of A/C is definately a dealer-install. One of about three with this setup in the GT/CS Registry (of about 900 cars).

It looks like the driver side strut rod is bent pretty good. I'd get a look at not only the rod, but the front brackets that are welded to the front of the frame. Bend rods like that play havoc with trying to get a good alignment. Those rods are still available new.

The lower control arms look a bit rusty--and I'd get a close look at the upper arms, too. The bushings might be shot.

Overall, the car looks great. I couldn't tell--is the hood a louvered type? THe interior shot doesn't show a louvered hood--from that angle.

Yes, put that chrome pony out to pasture...use it as a paperweight.

Overall--a sweet lookin' GT/CS!!

Make sure I get the VIN, and door tag info

(GT/CS Registry, Paul M. Newitt, P.O. Box 2245, Davis, CA 95617)

Paul N.

C160223

I couldn't tell--is the hood a louvered type? THe interior shot doesn't show a louvered hood--from that angle.

Paul

if you look at the side view picture, you can just barely see the left louver, also the fisrt pic with the hood up has the wiring harness for the trun signal lights..

OP
OP
N

Nitro Dan

Hey! What a cool find! Congrats!

That type of A/C is definately a dealer-install. One of about three with this setup in the GT/CS Registry (of about 900 cars).

It looks like the driver side strut rod is bent pretty good. I'd get a look at not only the rod, but the front brackets that are welded to the front of the frame. Bend rods like that play havoc with trying to get a good alignment. Those rods are still available new.

The lower control arms look a bit rusty--and I'd get a close look at the upper arms, too. The bushings might be shot.

Overall, the car looks great. I couldn't tell--is the hood a louvered type? THe interior shot doesn't show a louvered hood--from that angle.

Yes, put that chrome pony out to pasture...use it as a paperweight.

Overall--a sweet lookin' GT/CS!!

Make sure I get the VIN, and door tag info

(GT/CS Registry, Paul M. Newitt, P.O. Box 2245, Davis, CA 95617)

Paul N.

Thanks Paul!

Yep, the rod is bent. It looks like someone drove it over one of those concrete tire stops they use in parking lots...:mad:

When I get the car finished, I will put up more photos.

Does anyone have a suggestion for wheels? Should I go to 15 inch? Any style anyone can recommend?:grin:

Dan

Mustanger

Thanks Paul!

Yep, the rod is bent. It looks like someone drove it over one of those concrete tire stops they use in parking lots...:mad:

When I get the car finished, I will put up more photos.

Does anyone have a suggestion for wheels? Should I go to 15 inch? Any style anyone can recommend?:grin:

Dan

If you want a 15", and if you prefer the vintage look, then either American Racing Torque D Thrusts, Shelby 10 Spoke, or Magnum 500's ... they all look sharp ...