• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Please send your prayers

gt/csj4

Not certain if everyone has heard or not about the missing girl in Westminster, Colorado (Jessica Ridgeway 10 years young) But her body was positively identified an hour ago and I would like everyone to send their prayers to her family and loved ones. This story hits home for me especially, because myself and my family, are friends of Sarah (Jessica's mother) so this comes to not only me, the Denver community, as well as the nation, as a deep shock and stricken with deep deep sadness. The kidnapping, and body, were both found just miles from where I live which shows, even the "nicest most person friendly" places in America, still has devastating things like this that happen (less we forget the terrible Columbine shootings in Colorado merely 13 years ago).

As a parent, and I'm sure most of you are, this is an extremely hard pill to swallow as it shows that there are sick people out there more-so then EVER that commit these heinous crimes against innocent children and people alike. The times of walking to school, is a distant thing of the past unfortunately.

I remember when I could willfully and carelessly walk to school with my sister at this age and never have THIS sort of fear in mind, nor my parents. I do understand, that each and every generation has "dealt" with this sort of act, but in an already volatile time, such as present day, it just goes to show with the age of decadence, there will be evil to follow. Although I am not a religious man,catholic school has brought me one thing, and these words have always held true in the sake of my own sanity in times of deep sorrow--

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.Psalm 23:1-6

..Thank you all for the read, and god bless.

Last edited:

franklinair

As a father, grandfather, and great grandfather my condolences and prayers for all. Its hard to accept, let alone understand the evil that exists in a supposed civilized society.
Thanks for letting us know.

Neil

rvrtrash

My thoughts are with the family, and the little girl. I can't imagine what the family is going through.

Steve

Team Sho-Air

So horrible to hear about these kind of things..........i have a 6 year old and it chills me to the bone when i think about what the parents are going through.

OP
OP
G

gt/csj4

I have a three year old and a little girl on the way and it makes me scared every day to think that done things are out of my control to protect them as a father. Yes there is preventative measures we can all take, but nothing us full proof. I hope when they catch the sick prick, he gets EVERYTHING that's coming to him and more. Thanks for the replies