• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Port Angeles show 3/25/09 Wa State

mechanicalguy48

Yeah I will be attending, I hit this show every year and I am already signed up. This will also be the first show for my 68 cs. See you there. We will have our own class !

TraveledGTCS

Actually the show is Saturday 4/25/09, and I also will be attending with my 68 as in the past. It'll be great not being the only 68 Cal Spec in the 67 - 68 Coupe Class. (Maybe if we can get more to show up at this show, we can get a class of our own - like Richland and Yakima do.) I'll check with Pierce County to find out if they will have a separate class also. If I can let them know enough early model factory specials (GT/CS; HCS; Twister, etc) perhaps they will keep it. Then we can work on the rest of the clubs.

Bill

mechanicalguy48

Yeah I was jut teasing about the class, but they dont have many 68 coupes anyway so we may be the only ones in that class. I dont care, its just a nice little show and I hope we have some decent weather.

P

PNewitt

(psst...hey Amy....get your white stripes on before the show...! It will make all the difference!)

Paul :p

(sorry I can't be there, it sounds like a lot of fun! Port Angeles is a neat place! (next to Sequim, and Port Townsend, a beautiful Victorian community))

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Ha ha! YES it's in APRIL & not March. Whoops!!

Stripes on Monday, fixing power steering on Tuesday, and we'll be ready!

Looking at Ford Expeditions. I hear they can pull two mustangs on a trailer. This way I don't have to decide which Special goes to a show. I can haul BOTH the 08 & 68. Anyone have experience to share with me?

franklinair

Amy - Do you have a doubledecker trailer, or are you gonna form a line?:icon_pani

Neil

clubpro

Amy,

I have an Expedition and love it. I have pulled a heavy duty car trailer that was loaded with my pickup which is heavier than a mustang.

Enjoyed talking with you again the other day. Sounds like you still have power steering problems.

Cheers,

Ron

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Shoot, yes, Ron. That power steering fluid now leaks out like a river. She's going to Brad's Custom Auto for a look-see on Tuesday.

I found an 06 Expedition, but really can't afford it right now. I remember your (very kind) offer to use yours to tow the 68 CS home, and went to look at them to trade in my useless V6 Escape. There was also a nice 04 V8 Explorer XLT with tow pkg.

They do make double trailers, don't they? Or am I dreaming again? See, then I could bring both (or just the 68) to the Calif show in August.

rvrtrash

Hi everyone. I've been busy for a while and am trying to catch up. Amy, I would like to attend but will just be getting back from Oklahoma that weekend. Yes, they do make double car trailers, but they're spendy and take up a lot of room (40-45 feet long). If you buy anything for towing, I really recommend a diesel. When I brought home the Cougar, I pulled it 400 miles, didn't even notice it was back there and got 13-14 miles per gallon at 75 mph. On your power steering, consider putting in the newer rack and hoses that have the O-ring seals. It'll be less chance of leaking later.

Steve

robert campbell

Show hit the week that my wife and I are going to Hawaii. Great show and nice location!! Have attended it a few times. Need to paint my hood. I will post a few pics today.

Rob

mechanicalguy48

I am thinking about 100 cars, maybe a little less. Its put on by the Mustang club but its open to other makes and hot rods also. Nice little local show, not too many people drive in from long distances. A few canadians, a few seattlites, people from the Kitsap peninsula.

spoiler

Port Angeles

Any one in the Port Angeles area know a guy named Tom with a yellow 68Shelby GT500KR ,I met him years ago at shows and lost touch.

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

I may not make this show, at least with my '68.

I had an unfortunate incident with Satan this afternoon, and ended up in my own ER. Second degree burns to torso/thighs from stupidity. I'll talk about it later.

Right now I want this car gone from my life. Promised Paul N I would sit on this decision for a week. The rarity of this car is the ONLY thing keeping me posting it for sale.

I may not be cut out for this struggle any more. My lack of knowledge about these old cars has been hazardous to my well being.

BTW my GT/CS hat is the only reason my vision was not affected by the intense fountain of boiling antifreeze/water explosion from above. I had it pulled down tight over my face.Thank you once again, clubpro. I will be ordering another hat.

I may bring the '08 CS to the show if I'm able to drive by then, and just sit by you guys.

Midnight Special

I may not make this show, at least with my '68.

I had an unfortunate incident with Satan this afternoon, and ended up in my own ER...

Right now I want this car gone from my life....

I may not be cut out for this struggle any more. My lack of knowledge about these old cars has been hazardous to my well being.

BTW my GT/CS hat is the only reason my vision was not affected by the intense fountain of boiling antifreeze/water explosion from above. I had it pulled down tight over my face.Thank you once again, clubpro. I will be ordering another hat.

It's one thing to be frustrated with mechanical woes, but quite another to be getting hurt! Amy, this hobby is not for everyone. Do what's best for YOU. If you do decide to sell - be secure in knowledge that you gave it your ALL; quite open and honestly!.. People here may encourage you, but no one should tell you what to do!

My sister loves horses and tried to get me into them. (talk about high maintenance;-) The first few rides were great, but the realization of broken bones, cost of upkeep and the constant dedication outweighed any passion I could muster. (at least w/ a car, you can just park it;-)

Either way you go, you will find support.....

calspcl

Owee Girl!!!

Amy, I am sorry to read this. At least you are getting the best of care and your hat saved some very delicate parts of you. Hope you are not in too much pain, or at least they gave you some good meds.

Take some time to heal and get your self together.

Dan

P

PNewitt

I feel so sorry for Amy.

A long time ago, she found this website while looking around for Mustang information, and saw just how good a group we really are. This was the original motivation for her to buy a late model CS.

Then she got "the fever" to have an early model, and found one in Los Angeles. Flew down there, and drove it home (er...almost, with help from Ron M.). Once she got it there the engine pooped out, and it meant pulling the heads, etc... a big job, and parts were all over the garage floor for weeks this past winter.

With her mechanic friends there, she got it together, and I got to see it up and running last month at the Marina in Seattle. It looked and ran fine.

Amy is also the "local firecracker" at MNW when it comes to the GT/CS, and was instrumental in getting several to come to their Mustangs NW show last July.

Her accident yesterday is a clear example of what life with an old car is like. Late model owners know that they just fill up the overflow bucket at any time, hot or not. How could she know that the radiator cap would let out an anti-freeze "Old Faithful" of boiling hot water and toxic chemical all over her???

My guess is that there must have been some big chunks of scale in the water jacket that got dislodged after the head work, and it plugged up the radiator. There are so many things that we know second-nature (from learning them the hard way), that to a novice can be very dangerous. As fun and attention-getting as these cars are, there is a learning curve to know how to treat them--so they treat you right.

I told Amy that to let go of this CS is her decision, and that it won't taint or affect her enthusiasm nor her image with us at all. Her safety comes first, and she has endured WAAAY too much "adventure" with this one CS. I really do think that this CS was NOT is the kind of shape to have been represented and sold as it was in L.A. Amy did everything she could to get it running and to have fun in it. But this particular Mustang is one that needs some serious work, and an experienced enthusiast should grab it and restore it properly (the side note to all of this is that it's a Pebble Beige CS, of which less than 20 were made ((I have the exact number from Marti).

I am SO PROUD of Amy, and she is an absolute trooper!!! We owe her a lot, and we honor her enthusiasm. To risk her life to promote the CS to the NW is very admirable, and "above and beyond the call of duty"..

As for her CS...("Satan"). I told her to decide on it as a practical matter: her safety for what she has, and what life would be like with an older vehicle. "IF she offers it for sale, to whomever buys it, I would personally offer my knowledge to help it it's restoration.

We'll see how this plays out, and what happens, but I know in my heart that "we" will come through for her, just as we would do for anyone else here.

Thank you, Amy, for your GT/CS spirit and enthusiasm.
(I "knight' you: "Lady Special"...).

Paul.