• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ADMIN Recent updates to the site - Feb 13, 2011

admin

Staff member
Administrator
As you've probably noticed the site looks a little different. Not a huge change, but I've reorganized most of the pages and sections.

You'll notice the navigation menu to your left is now broken out by year. This creates a separate section for each of the 3 cars that this site is about; 1968 GT/CS, 2007+ GT/CS and HCS.

1968 GT/CS & HCS pages:
I've created an updated "How to Identify" page with better photos and more detail. A "Facts & Myths" page has been added to address those frequently asked questions about the '68 model.

2007+ GT/CS pages:
I've also added several pages specific to the 2007+ GT/CS. There's a summary of changes by year ("Introduction") as well as a detailed ("How to Idenfity") page that looks at each element in more depth.

1966-67 HCS pages:
There's a new "How to Idenfity" page with photos, paint codes, etc.

I've also added a "Brochures & Ads" page for each of the models. These include newspaper ads, dealer brochures, etc. If anyone has any scans of documents they'd like to add just let me know.

Photo Credit:
I was admittedly a little lazy in gathering photos for these new pages. I grabbed pics out of the Gallery, forum uploads and my own collection from shows, so I didn't always keep track of whose photos they were. If you see a photo that's yours just let me know and I'll add a note giving credit. Of course if the photo is yours and you don't want me to use it I'll certainly pull it down.

If anyone has anything to add to any of these pages please let me know. The strength of this site is the collective wisdom of the members and I'd love to tap into that to make these pages even better.

Thanks!

J.Bart

great idea, looks nice.
is this a work in progress?
are you going to expand it?

J.Bart

that really is a great layout, easy to use, and easy to find the answers to the most asked questions.
the garage is a very nice addition also.
did it take long to come up with the layout Jon?

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the compliments everyone!

is this a work in progress?
are you going to expand it?
If you've got ideas for other pages or sections just let me know.

I do have a few additional items planned; A parts/book review section, a "Buyer's Guide" page for the 68's, maybe a page on the different diecasts now available.

robert campbell

Jon,
Once again! OUTSTANDING! Why would anyone go anywhere else for the latest in GT/CS happenings?? One stop shopping for the the new to the hobby to ensure they get the facts. AND IT IS FREE!!! You are da man!

Rob

J.Bart

i noticed that the gt/cs logo cycles between old and late model
any chance of getting various colors also?