• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Shipping Companies

hookedtrout

Looking to ship a pickup door with glass still in, from CA to Idaho.

I would be interested in any shipping companies anyone has used for similar transactions that you have had good luck with before I get caught in the middle of some unreliable transportation company, anyone with any tips or recomendations?

if anyone is traveling from Bakersfield area to S.E. Idaho that could transport the door for a fair price I'd also entertain that and if you hit my place on a weekend or you can hang out for an evening I'd give you a free guided float down the famed Henry's Fork all fishing gear provided.

Let me know who you guys have used for transport.

Thanks, Cory

CougarCJ

Forward Air is who we use at the shop. Over the road trucking company, but has terminals near major airports. They have extended service which includes Bakersfield, Ca. and Lewiston, Id.

I will be traveling from Salem, Oregon to Boise near the end of September. Probably won't help you any though.

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Thanks Coug, September would work fine for me if you are willing to go by way of Bakersfield and continue on 4 hours past Boise. Not sure I could make it worth your time financially to save me any money but I could show you a great time while you were here. Lot's of sights and sounds and if you fish the offer stands, heck you don't even have to bring the door, just come on down, we can go play anyway.

CougarCJ

Thanks Coug, September would work fine for me if you are willing to go by way of Bakersfield and continue on 4 hours past Boise. Not sure I could make it worth your time financially to save me any money but I could show you a great time while you were here. Lot's of sights and sounds and if you fish the offer stands, heck you don't even have to bring the door, just come on down, we can go play anyway.

I don't have any immediate plans to visit the home town of Buck Owens.:sad:

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Not sure I could take the heat in the "Streets of Bakersfield".

Just remember the offer stands if you get down past Boise some time do yell, I'm a bit hard of hearing so yell loud.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I've used SAIA to ship a fully assembled roll cage. They were fairly reasonable. They are also a terminal to terminal type outfit like Forward Air. I've heard good things about Forward Air also. Just never used them myself.

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Thanks Jon, I'll add them to my list to check, a friend picked it up this weekend so we will be shipping soon.