• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Son, TJ visits...

Midnight Special

...with Jay Leno in his garage today. This is his second trip.
He texted to say they had a nice chat about '60s Mustangs :)

Attachments

• TJjay.jpg
    TJjay.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 116
OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

...Just got off the phone with TJ who is on his way home. Mr. Leno had not heard of the steam technology TJ uses for his car detailing business. Very intrigued by it, he invited TJ to bring his equipment and demonstrate "on air" at his infamous "Jay Leno's Garage" website, which has half a billion hits! TJ's DREAM COME TRUE!!!

GT/CS S Code

Just a thought?

Does Jay Leno have a '68 GT/CS in his car collection yet? TJ should bring one along when he goes to demonstrate his steam detailing equipment. Maybe he could get Jay to take it out for a test drive and get that onto his website videos too? It would be even better if he took a "big block / four speed" GT/CS!
:grin:
(Jay LOVES to do burnouts on his video test drives!)
:eek:

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Does Jay Leno have a '68 GT/CS in his car collection yet? TJ should bring one along when he goes to demonstrate his steam detailing equipment. Maybe he could get Jay to take it out for a test drive and get that onto his website videos too? It would be even better if he took a "big block / four speed" GT/CS!
(Jay LOVES to do burnouts on his video test drives!)
:eek:

...That's a good question Al. We're going down on March 23rd, but no plans to take a GT/CS as yet ;-)

clubpro

Tim,

We'll take up a collection to pay for the gas if you take your S code down to Burbank. Just be ready for Jay to make you an offer you can't refuse. I know that I'm not the only one jealous that you and TJ get to check out Jay's collection. Not to mention being on Jay's website. I know that there will be lots of photos when you return. Have a great time!

Cheers,

Ron

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Tim,

We'll take up a collection to pay for the gas if you take your S code down to Burbank. Just be ready for Jay to make you an offer you can't refuse. I know that I'm not the only one jealous that you and TJ get to check out Jay's collection. Not to mention being on Jay's website. I know that there will be lots of photos when you return. Have a great time!

Cheers,

Ron

Thanks Ron, and really no need to be jealous. I'm just along for the ride :) My red S-code is the perfect "burnout" machine, but nowhere near Jay's standards to be sure. Should it come up in discussion, I'd rather send him off to a few of you guys... I still enjoy driving mine too much when the weather is good. Plus, I have no desire to upstage TJ (or Newitt for that matter) ...rather just be a humble and grateful observer ;-)

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

...Alright... TJ just came by and asked if we could take the red-S or the black CS to LA for the demo. He agrees that Jay would probably have a thing or two to say about a big block GT/CS during the show... You guys win ;-) But I prefer to trailer it down verses stopping every 150 miles for gas and idling about in LA traffic... TJ's looking into a trailer & will get back to me tomorrow :)

GT/CS S Code

Oh Yeah!

A Candy Apple Red GT/CS "S" code on the way down to see Jay Leno ... now you just HAVE to love that!

(Well, I sure do ...)

Attachments

• DSC_0154 (Large).jpg
    DSC_0154 (Large).jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 19

robert campbell

Tim! How cool! Can you get me T.J.'s autograph!!!

Just to see Leno's garage! Can you refresh me on the idea that brought this all together? I was trying to tell Val.

You have one great son. Well before this I was so impressed with his love of the cars, but more so his respect of people. He is truly one of a kind!

Rob

rvrtrash

TJ is a great kid from a great family! I think we're all proud of him, like an extended family.

Steve