• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Taillight buckets on Ebay

case12

Wow - these are hard to find! I thought they were welded in. But I am at work, so I will check when I get home. Casey

zozobra

Help

Again I show my ignorance but I have no idea what these are. My CS was/is missing a lot of CS parts and it looks as though this is another example. From the inside of my trunk looking backwards I see a metal curved piece on each side behind the light housing painted the same color as my car with the tail light wiring for each bulb sticking out from a hole in that curved piece. In fact the holes on one side of the car are mopre rounded that the other. Are these on Ebay supposed to bolt behind the metal curved piece or has someone added the curved piece in lieu of these?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

rvrtrash

Again I show my ignorance but I have no idea what these are. My CS was/is missing a lot of CS parts and it looks as though this is another example. From the inside of my trunk looking backwards I see a metal curved piece on each side behind the light housing painted the same color as my car with the tail light wiring for each bulb sticking out from a hole in that curved piece. In fact the holes on one side of the car are mopre rounded that the other. Are these on Ebay supposed to bolt behind the metal curved piece or has someone added the curved piece in lieu of these?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A picture would help but it sounds like you're missing the pieces listed on ebay. They screw to the body from the outside (with body sealer around the edges) to protect the back of the tail light housing. You shouldn't be able to see the wiring except where the harness comes through the outside one.

Steve

zozobra

i'm indebted for the info

I just looked at my car in some detail. From inside the trunk I can see virtually all of the tail light housing assembly and wiring through some round holes in what appears to be a part of the car body. There is nothing like what I see on Ebay anywhere but I can see some small holes in the backside metal (that looks like part of the car body) about the size of metal screws that indicate something was probably attached there at some time. I just did not know from which side these pieces attached. I also looked at Paul's books and the previous thread, which I appreciate as well. Based on all of that it looked to me as though these pieces are located between the tail light housing and the outside part of the car itself rather than inside the trunk. Paul's books go on to talk about the cardboard pieces that cover everything. I. of course, don't have that either but that can be had.

Mosesatm

Here is a picture scanned from the GT/CS article in AutoRestorer. It's a little grainy but hopefully it will help.

Last edited:

rvrtrash

Maybe this one will work better. I forgot I had it.

Steve

Attachments

• cs45.jpg
    cs45.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 35

zozobra

Mine is not like that

As they say pictures are worth a thousand words. And those photos bear no resemblance to mine. Knowledge that I need those is the good news as well as the bad news. These cars deserve to be right if possible. Thanks a bunch.

zozobra

Some got the money

It was a couple hundred dollars too rich for my blood. Saturday morning, when I saw where the bid was going, I found some fiberglass ones from Tony Branda that I bought. We'll see how they look. It makes me wonder if these were common to Cougars of the time or if they exist somewhere in the world. Are these that rare?

68gt390

That's the first pair I've seen come up for sale on ebay. That's almost like the NOS Lucas mounting pedestals that were listed on ebay. Considering what they were they went for over $200.00. They are pretty rare to see for sale. That's another good reason why my car will never be concourse.

Don