• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 wacked california special scripts

boris

I just found another messed up script mounting job, were these factory messups or bad body men lol the yellow one was my car. the other sure is a nice one!

Attachments

• GT-CS.jpg
    GT-CS.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 1968_00002_02.jpg
    1968_00002_02.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 88

68 special

Never seen them mis-located like that from the factory. I would say the body man didn't know the correct location. Possible clone, but I hope just poor workmanship.

Bret

OP
OP
boris

boris

Never seen them mis-located like that from the factory. I would say the body man didn't know the correct location. Possible clone, but I hope just poor workmanship.

Bret
no clone here ! mine has a marti report and i think the red one is
on the reg with marti also

somethingspecial

check out this post from 2007. We discussed this in great detail, and I don't think we ever came up with a difinitive answer. I believe the consensus was there were cars that left the factory with reversed CS script. (I didn't go back and read the whole thread)

The yellow car you posted looks way off. My experience is THAT car never left the factory like that, and is probably the result of bad body guy not paying attention. I know 20 years ago, not much was known about the GT/CS, even with the first book out, folks didn't know correct locations for much of the badging. If a car was hit in the quarterpanel, it could be difficult to get dimensions for the script. If you can, I would fix the script location on your car. JMHO.

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4953&highlight=script+location

Last edited:
OP
OP
boris

boris

ya i think you hit the nail on the head as they messed up the color on the rear also! as it was spring time yellow not meadow lark, the old owner told me a story that the car was stolen, stripped in the rear,then smacked in the rear after it was dumped and found bare ,they owned it sine new it was ordered for her ,they also owned the dealership. and she said they got a divorce over this basically ! but argued with me about the script lol